Alloys replaced under warranty?

Glenn_87

Hello i was cleaning my wheels today when i noticed that my Alloy Wheels were starting to peel with some of the paint/laquer chipping off. I was wondering if these could be replaced under warrenty, the car is not brand new but was bought from a skoda dealer so still has the 12month warranty with the car, i was wondering if a replacement under warranty is possible? thanks Glenn

Normal procedure is for the dealer to photograph the damage and send pics to Skoda for assessment. If it's stone chip damage not warranty, if it's laquer failing within three years, yes, you should get new wheels.

Not sure if this applies to Skoda, but a mate had new alloys under warranty for his Mazda 6. The replacements are now worse than the original wheels after only a year of use. I suspect they are refurbished units, and bad ones at that.

Hi, The alloys would not be coverd by warranty , as you have not owned the car from new the odds are that the wheel has been re-furbed at some stage in it life (poorly) Dependent on how long you have had the car have a word with the supplying dealer they may get it sorted as a gesture, Cheers Jason.

I got mine at 9 months old, the first keeper was skoda uk

the alloys are bubbling in betweent he spokes and around the valves

SUK say no warranty claim, it wear and tear.

Thanks Skoda, and there was me thinking it was the tyres that contacted the tarmac...............

I am yet to find a decent dealer and SUK are a waste of time.

I love the car but the customer service is apalling.

I got mine at 9 months old, the first keeper was skoda uk

the alloys are bubbling in betweent he spokes and around the valves

SUK say no warranty claim, it wear and tear.

Thanks Skoda, and there was me thinking it was the tyres that contacted the tarmac...............

I am yet to find a decent dealer and SUK are a waste of time.

I love the car but the customer service is apalling.

Yeah tht what its like with me inbetween the spokes and inside the alloys itself.

Luck of the draw with dealers. My fronts were going after 2 years. Service manager inspected them and ordered new wheels straight away. As the treads were getting low as well, and the tyres would need to be swapped anyway when the wheels were changed, bought myself some new ones off Black Circles and delivered them with the car to dip in some free fitting and balancing as well :D

Is it me or does the level of service from the dealers seem to be better north of the border???

Midlands - its dreadful, tried 4 and been disapponited at all of them. SUK don't seem to give a chuff, so I will be buying something else next time thank you.

Is it me or does the level of service from the dealers seem to be better north of the border???

Midlands - its dreadful, tried 4 and been disapponited at all of them. SUK don't seem to give a chuff, so I will be buying something else next time thank you.

Maybe, but depsite my current Scottish location, the one that dealt with the alloys issue was the supplying dealer in Kent. That said, my first step into the unknown up here in finding a new dealer last Jan for the big 4 year service was very positive indeed.

I got all four alloys changed under warranty on my 53 plate octy vrs when it was about 10 months old due to very slight paint imperfections on the inner dish of the alloys....yeh I'm very fussy :o

TBH the fabia vrs alloys are better painted than the octy vrs which only has a light dusting of paint on the inside (I know cos I clean my mums Fabia vrs alloys when I get chance and they always come up like new)

Had same problem with my SE had two replaced under warrenty no issues from the dealer where i bought it from was told its a common fault with them also had four center caps replaced as water had damaged them and they had started to bubble inside the centre badge