Number Plate LED's

daveface

Hey all,

I have been thinking of replacing the number plate bulbs with some nice white LED bulbs, i presume they are Festoon bulbs, does anyone know what size they are?

I had these in my TT and loved them, i got the TT ones from aceparts on ebay and they were fantastic!

Here is a link to the Skoda ones......

SKODA FABIA OCTAVIA 04+ Xenon White Number Plate LED on eBay (end time 17-Nov-09 14:19:28 GMT)

Cheers,

Dave

They do looks pretty cool actually. I have noticed that all new BMW's come factory fitted with LED number plate lighting. Looks especially nice on a white car I think.

Not sure about the legal issues though as they have to be EU type approved and a copper with a ship on his shoulder could take a dis-liking to them!

Phil

Yeah they do look really smart, i don't really see any legal issues with them, as long as they give out a white light and light up the number plate?

I can understand if i put blue bulbs in, that fair enough but white should be fine?! I had them in my TT for 7 months and never had an issues :)

If i do get them (when i know they size) i will post some pictures up :thumbup:

dave

They do looks pretty cool actually. I have noticed that all new BMW's come factory fitted with LED number plate lighting. Looks especially nice on a white car I think.

Not sure about the legal issues though as they have to be EU type approved and a copper with a ship on his shoulder could take a dis-liking to them!

Phil

39mm

I've had LED's in mine for nearly 2 years.

Cheers for that, i have just ordred the ones above, i presume to take the bulb holders out i just un do the two torx and pop the bulb out?

Nice one - Dave

Hi, i pirchased the very same ones from ebay and they work a treat. They are quite bright and me having a black car i had to turn the bulb round so it did'nt reflect off the black paint too much.

D

Well i had them on my TT which was silver and they were very bright but looked great :D cant wait to get them lol

I have been looking to get some of these for my fabia for a while but there was thread a while back and a few people said they didnt last long and blew ?

They *should last much longer than the standard i would have thought! I had some on my TT for 8 months with no problems, so i think i will just wait and see lol :thumbup:

Used ultraleds myself a while ago, and my bulbs only lasted about 3 months, never thought of sending them back for a refund, but from the looks of things, looks like i saved myself a lot of hassle TBH... Seems there customer service is fairly lacking...

After a few weeks persevering with the Ultraled stop and tail lamps (U38020R) I emailed them to tell them I had problems with them interfering with my radio. The initial response from the MD was to say they can't be causing interference as there is nothing more than a resistor in them. That's not true, as I can see an IC of some sort in there, but anyway, eventually they asked me to contact 'returns' to arrange a refund. They make this as difficult as possible, insisting you include the original invoice, returns number, blah blah, but when they received the bulbs back they emailed me to say I would only get a refund for use against future purchases on the web site!

When I told them I wasn't happy with that, they just stopped answering my emails, and so far I've seen no refund into my bank account or on their site (in the My Account section).

So, beware when ordering from these guys, as they don't care about customer service from my experience, and deny there is a potential problem with interference that has been experienced by a number of their customers. Bunch of tw...

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - LED rear stop lights

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - Warning! Ultraleds.

OK, so its on a Disco 3 website, but there are a few threads on there slating there customer service etc, and not getting refunds for faulty bulbs. Enough to convince me not to spend my hard earned there

Edited by Disco_Mikey

• 5 weeks later...

Hey,

well i have had them for over a month now, but i have only just washed the car! Here are some pictures that i took with my iPhone hence the poor quality....... Oh and they are very very bright but just not as blue as they seem! They are more or a very bright white B)

LEDLights2.jpg

LEDLights.jpg

I will take some more pictures when i can :yes:

Cheers,

Dave

Hey,

well i have had them for over a month now, but i have only just washed the car! Here are some pictures that i took with my iPhone hence the poor quality....... Oh and they are very very bright but just not as blue as they seem! They are more or a very bright white B)

LEDLights2.jpg

LEDLights.jpg

I will take some more pictures when i can :yes:

Cheers,

Dave

Are these the ones from ebay you posted the link to ?

They look pretty good, have you got any pics in the dark ?