My New Mazda 6 Sport Hatch 2.2 185

DaveI

That looks very nice. Always thought the 6 was a handsome looking thing, and the latest facelift just improves on it IMO :cool:

Yeah, good luck with the white! You do quite a lot of miles don't you? :eek:

Good luck in keeping it looking white and not brown, or the other many shades in between :rofl:

Steve

That looks very nice. Always thought the 6 was a handsome looking thing, and the latest facelift just improves on it IMO :cool:

Yeah, good luck with the white! You do quite a lot of miles don't you? :eek:

Good luck in keeping it looking white and not brown, or the other many shades in between :rofl:

Steve

Cheers Steve

The car is on a 25k miles a year contract but I did 33k over the last 12 months so it's constantly going to be a sort of grey browny colour, especially over winter.

f you leave the white it does eventually go a uniform grey and looks better than unwashed after a week iyswim :P

I quite like the 6 and when (if) I sell the mx-5 I think I will take a closer look. Not sure about the half leather seats though, and the rears in particular look very unsculptured.

Cheers Steve

The car is on a 25k miles a year contract but I did 33k over the last 12 months so it's constantly going to be a sort of grey browny colour, especially over winter.

Yep, I'd at least get a few coats of wax on it now - that'll make it stay a bit cleaner, as not as much will stick to the paint! Also easier and quicker come jetwash/pressure washing time...

Steve

Looks ACE!! :thumbup: It's got a cheeky little grin... think it must be saying "Wish I was a Skoda!" :rofl: :rofl:

The steering wheel looks like it'd keep me entertained for hours! :D

Google the new Mazda 3, it looks like Lightening McQueen from the front!

The steering wheel buttons are pretty but pretty useless, you can control the CC temp from them for some reason??

Re the performance from the 2.2, it's a lot less savage than the 2.0 TDi 170 in the Leon which would do nothing then suddenly spin it's wheels if you floor it in a low gear from low revs. The lad that's got it now commented that it's trying to kill him! :)

The 2.2 seems just as fast except the power delivery is a lot smoother, each gear seems to last a lot longer too than the Leon. I've done 500 miles and the MPG is on 38 at the minute.

The seats look wierd in the photo due to my camera, the non leather parts of the seat don't look any where near as erm patterned as they do in the photo, they are pretty flat and black. Also the rear seats are supposed to be very comfy according to the sister in law, much better than the Leon.

You had the PD170 unit in the Leon didn't you Dave? Smoother power delivery in the 6 is probably down to the CR unit.

Steve

Yes it was the PD engine in the Leon and even before I got it I remember some vRS owners on here saying it was a bit peaky, they weren't wrong!

It's a car of two halves to me.

I love the shape - it's great to look at IMO.

I'm not so impressed by the seats - there's something about them that just doesn't look right.

Generally though :thumbup:

It's a car of two halves to me.

I love the shape - it's great to look at IMO.

I'm not so impressed by the seats - there's something about them that just doesn't look right.

Generally though :thumbup:

Here's a press shot of the interior, taken on a much better camera than mine.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/07/21-mazda6-design/Mazda-6-Interior-4-lg.jpg

The leather and cloth parts look as they do in the picture above, not much different. My camera makes them seem to contrast for some reason.

Here's a press shot of the interior, taken on a much better camera than mine.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/07/21-mazda6-design/Mazda-6-Interior-4-lg.jpg

The leather and cloth parts look as they do in the picture above, not much different. My camera makes them seem to contrast for some reason.

No disrespect to the photography, but that press picture makes them look a whole lot better :thumbup:

Lovely looking car!

I'm loving the 2.2 185 engine in my Mazda3, really a league ahead of the PD170 imho. :)

Just out of curiosity, does yours have an X mark on the dipstick above full?

Enjoy it!! :thumbup:

Yeah, they look even better in the press shots :thumbup:

Did you shoot with flash in your interior shots Dave? If so, it's probably the flash lighting bouncing off the fabric/leather....

Steve

Thanks for all of the positives on the car, I remember when I posted the Look at my new Leon thread and everyone told me the dash was horrible! :)

Tom, i've never even had the bonnet open never mind took the dip stick out :)

Steve, the camera was on auto and it was a pretty dull day so the flash triggered. With no flash it looked like a cave!

The only thing I dislike about the Mazda 6 is the fact that locally at least the dealer is primarily a Ford dealer with a very poor reputation. Several work colleagues had very poor dealings with them. Someone I now work with has just got one of these (replacing his mx5) but he uses a dealer 40 miles from me for his servicing.

(Although I guess this could well be reversed in other areas)

• 1 month later...