Water in rear footwell

dave2773

Just noticed that we have a large swimming type puddle in the rear footwell (passenger side) - mat removed and water removed with wet/dry cleaner. The door was shut and window closed so any ideas how this water appeared?? Information would be gratefully received.

Does anyone think that this is similar to the Fabia problems with door seal??? As we have had this problem too and this was fixed with mastic around the inner door panel.

Best regards:confused:

Do a search on 'water ingress' in the MKI Superb section, this has been covered many times, basically it is leaking through the pollen filter housing - a common fault on all Superbs (and Passats)

Fixing Passat Leak

(ignore where they say "Behind driver UK" they mean the passenger side on a RHD car)

• 2 weeks later...

Weird because my pollen filter seal had gone yet the puddle was behind the drivers seat, right hand rear passenger footwell

You may have seen these:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/dmcessential/DSC00542.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/dmcessential/DSC00544.jpg

VAG's take on the fix

EDIT: Having just read the link Gizmo posted, they are two different issues, both resulting in wet carpet

Edited by SamsterXX

I am also suffering from water ingress. This is coming in from the drivers side sun visor area. Through the vanity mirror light and down the A pillar. I have checked the sunroof drain holes and all seem clear. Any help please. As far as I know the car has not had a new screen but I suspect a poor seal between screen and frame.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also suffering from water ingress. This is coming in from the drivers side sun visor area. Through the vanity mirror light and down the A pillar. I have checked the sunroof drain holes and all seem clear. Any help please. As far as I know the car has not had a new screen but I suspect a poor seal between screen and frame.

I think you are right, possible solution is to bomb it with the hose and get someone to sit inside.

• 4 weeks later...

I had exactly the same problem; the issue is with the exit nipples for the sunroof drain holes - they're where the front door hinges are. You'll notice a rubber nipple which gets bunged up - simply squeeze it and any water left in the drain holes will run out. I got about half a pint of water out of mine. I squeeze my nipples regularly (?) and, touch wood, haven't had the problem since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,I've watched this water ingress thing with great interest as I too suffered "water in the well" so I checked out all the advice on this site which was good and informative, however in my case [superb Comfort 1.9 TDI 130bhp] nothing was leaking or blocked, the problem turned out to be good old "CONDENSATION".Owing to illness the car was rarely used for a period of 18 months went back to work and noticed the bulk of water in rear footwells,put newspapers down to sop it up and it did'nt happen again although I covered 400mile per week in all weathers up and down the M4 and it stayed dry as a bone UNTIL I got the Superb SE, now the MK1 is parked up again for sale and it's happening again,this car produces serious amounts of water in the cabin when parked up for long periods,so much so that I have to wipe the excess away with cloths,ideally it should be in a garage with its windows open to solve the problem.

Hope this helps others and saves them as much time as I have lost working out my own individual "water ingress prob" . Cheers Odsak. :thumbup: