Anybody running 17" on a non lowered vrs

VRSyme

As the title says Anybody running 17" on a non lowered VRS. I have a set of tt 6 spokes that I was going to put on my VRS but as it is not lowered I am unsure if it will look nice or just plain awful. I may have the chance of swapping them for a set of baby TT comps so need to decide soon

Wouldn't of thought 5mm would make a huge amount of difference looks wise (assuming they're 45)

The difference is a lot greater than 5mm, its actually somewhere between 20-22mm and the larger size results in the speedo under reading by quiet a large percentage. The result of this could be 3 points and £60, when you thought you were travelling at the speed limit.

Indeed, and correctly on stilts! :)

So, to the OP - what size tyres are yours running? If the answer is 225/45/17, as per OEM on the TT - you're in for a whole new world of fun :D

Steve

I thought posting a pic would help the OP, personally i commute every day over miles of speedbumps so i'll stick with the stilts for now.fitted the wheels as i damaged one alloy and they were a steal on ebay, not because i wanted a car that would cut it in mcdonalds car park scraping along the ground leaving debris all over the road.so slag away

If it works for you, great :)

Speaking personally, I never visit McDonalds, its carparks, or was suggesting you lower your car as far as scraping along the road would require. You've presumed all of that. However, a nice set of Eibach springs help enormously....

Steve