New Boy

Peter T

Had my VRS Fabia as a replacement for my Rover 220 Coupe Turbo for about 10 months. Whilst not such an animal as the Coupe, I am quite pleased with the package. She is an 06 model with about K40 motorway miles. Previous pwner had a Jabbasport remap, which according to them gave 185 bhp. However, a rollers check suggested more like 170 bhp, but both torque figures were similar at about 300lb ft. I've fitted a Spax on car adjustable suspension, EBC front discs, and Greenstuff pads all round, plus Nightbreaker main bulbs and Phillips extreme dips. But the best upgrade of all has been the full leather interior by The Seat Surgeons of York. The quality of their work is faultless, absolutely brilliant, and I would recommend them to anyone. My Fabia is now a very different car. The only other mod that I may fit, is a sunroof, but at best that will have to wait until next summer. I now have a quality fun package, which will run rings around a Golf, but at half the price.

Welcome :)

Seems like you've joined us with an already modded car - good to see. Some nice additions there as well. You should post up some photos when you get chance.

Steve

Hiya.

Rolling road figures are one of those areas where variables make a difference. Changes in atmospheric temperature, pressure and humidity could make a 5% difference in power, and changes in the tyres on your car another 2 or 3%. That's before considering that Jabba's rollers are notoriously optomistic relative to some other tuners' sets. This is just down to using different "wheels to flywheel" corrections.

If you took a car to Emerald (chosen for relatively pessamistic rollers, and being fairly near Jabba), tested it there, plugged in a real tuning box (say a Van Aakan), took new figures, then drove to Jabba, and took with and without figures again, you'd get a similar result of both Jabba figures being a similar percentage "better" than the Emerald ones.

• 2 weeks later...