Look what I've got!

Allams Skoda

Aerofurbs new Snow Monster has arrived!

post-28670-126052368328_thumb.jpg

A badge of honour - I especially like the RED on white. Only the few initiates will know the difference.

Picking mine up in 4 hours - same color, same engine, same color combination !

Got it!

Since only 30 miles home, have no actual comments other than it is very quite compared to the Octy, acceleration not as brutal as the 140 PD engine with 80,000 miles on it - and did not try. Gotta baby the baby a bit to break it in.

Edited by Agerbundsen

The secret is out....!!

Huge thanks to James, firstly for sending me some pictures when it was hot off the truck but also for being hyper efficient through the day with the paperwork, PDI etc so hopefully, if all goes to plan, I'll be down at Allams tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon to pick it up. :)

Report to follow tomorrow with pictures if I get time between drivings!

• Like 2

The secret is out....!!

Huge thanks to James, firstly for sending me some pictures when it was hot off the truck but also for being hyper efficient through the day with the paperwork, PDI etc so hopefully, if all goes to plan, I'll be down at Allams tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon to pick it up. :)

Report to follow tomorrow with pictures if I get time between drivings!

News keeps getting even better.

Will need to change that signature of yours, more like Royalty than Elegance me thinks. :rofl:

• Like 1

Well aerofurb's long long wait is almost over and patience has finally paid off. Looking forward to the photo's and review.

Have a great afternoon and enjoy the trip home in your Snow-White-Monster DI B)

Edit make that

B) B)

Edited by The Plumber

Well aerofurb's long long wait is almost over and patience has finally paid off. Looking forward to the photo's and review.

Have a great afternoon and enjoy the trip home in your Snow-White-Monster DI B)

Edit make that

B) B)

It's all waiting and ready for collection later on this afternoon!

The new voice control function on the Columbus is really cool, you can tell it to do stuff and it just does it!

Hi Aeroferb

Hope you have had a great time after picking up your new car ,I am very jealous dealer received my baby late on Wednesday and could not turn it round in time for sat/sun pickup.Cant find time no matter how I try to pick up until Tuesday 15th PM. Been waiting since 26th Sept so whats a few more days.

She's a beauty! :yes:

200912120019.jpg

I can't thank James and all the crew at Allams for turning my Snow Monster round so quickly despite the number of cars they have going out at them moment.

Brought her home via the M25, M4, work, nearly home but diverted to Tesco - there's one a good 15 miles away so it seemed like a good excuse to check out the size of the boot and go for a bit of a further drive! I thought it might be a bit sad to sit outside my flat and play with the satnav and other settings etc - much better to sit at the far end of a Tesco carpark and do it instead...

The Yeti is wonderful. I've been waiting for today since Skoda first announced they were going to turn the concept car into reality.

I'll produce more pictures and details when I get a bit of time. Satnav is very clever, integrated Bluetooth seems to work fine with my Sony Ericsson W850i. Very smooth motor, no rattles to date. Sunroof brilliant, Bi-Xenons brilliant (if you'll excuse the pun) - fun watching them cornering on the back roads.

Oh, and being 5ft7in (ie normal stature) I can see all of the instruments!

Mixture of 70mph motorway, motorway queing, town and country roads over 80 miles or so gave 44mpg.

PS Very sad to see the Fabia vRS go - what a car that's been, so if anyone wants a nice one, email James at Allams!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. I don't think I've seen a car before that looks good in so many different colours. It was a bit of a gamble having only ever seen a white one in pictures but I'm really happy that (IMHO!) I've made the right choice.

Looks well nice that, drives nice too does it.

It does indeed drive really nicely. All pretty gentle stuff so far but seems to lean less round the bends then my Fabia vRS did, CR engine is ultra smooth after the PD130. Suspension is very good, soaks up all the bumps and even drove a long a line of catseyes to see what is was like and you could hardly feel them. It's also wide enough to miss speed hump 'pillows' completely.

Nice looking car, I must add white to my list of possible colours...

I still dont like "Snow Monster" tho....

How about "Sasquatch" ??

From Wikipedia:

"The Yeti or Abominable Snowman is a mythological creature and an ape-like cryptid said to inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal and Tibet.

The names Yeti and Meh-Teh are commonly used by the people indigenous to the region and are part of their history and mythology. Stories of the Yeti first emerged as a facet of Western popular culture in the 19th century.

The scientific community largely regards the Yeti as a legend, given the lack of evidence yet it remains one of the most famous creatures of cryptozoology. The Yeti may be considered a sort of parallel to the Bigfoot legend of North America."

So the Yeti can only be a Snow-monster; can't change history unless you happen to know a certain also mythical Doctor with a police box. :rofl: