Irish Price Drop

bryan

Two weeks ago the Elegance 170 diesel in Ireland, after adding Sat Nav and a few other options that are standard in the UK, would have set you back over €40,000 :(

Following a price drop and equipment upgrade, with Sat Nav, Park Assist and heated rear seats all thrown in, you can now buy the car for €33,000 :thumbup:

I so want one right now, but I know my job is gone next march and no way can I take on a purchase like that :'(

Feel sorry for any one that has bought one before now tho, what will it do to their trade in values :o

• Like 1

I wonder what the price of the new 140CR is going to be, it should have much lower emissions. I noticed they have also added leather/alcantra as standaed on the Ambiente and you can also spec sports suspension now. Ambiente 2.0CR 140 DSG with sound system,MFW with flappy's, 18" Luna's and sport suspension should be very affordable and with a remap it should have plenty of torque. Does anyone no Co2/kg rating or this engine in the Superb ??

Two weeks ago the Elegance 170 diesel in Ireland, after adding Sat Nav and a few other options that are standard in the UK, would have set you back over €40,000 :(

Following a price drop and equipment upgrade, with Sat Nav, Park Assist and heated rear seats all thrown in, you can now buy the car for €33,000 :thumbup:

I so want one right now, but I know my job is gone next march and no way can I take on a purchase like that :'(

Feel sorry for any one that has bought one before now tho, what will it do to their trade in values :o

Come over here and it'll cost you 22-25k which at this time iirc is basically a big saving on the price in Ireland, gone are the days when an import from the Emerald was cheaper.

Come over here and it'll cost you 22-25k which at this time iirc is basically a big saving on the price in Ireland, gone are the days when an import from the Emerald was cheaper.

It would be way cheaper to buy all right but the Irish government charges Vehicle Registration Tax on all cars imported into the country (new and used) which brings the price up to a similar level as you would have paid in Ireland!! There's still savings to be made (I've imported all my cars from the uk) but not to the extent that you might think.

Ant's in the Pants Bryan......Superb - Civic - Octy - Superb (well ya know ya will eventually lol)

Filly - Octy - Laguna - Octy - Superb - Civic - Octy :rofl:

Yes to the ants in the pants :D , but as said, with the job goin in march no way can do anything about it :'(

tbh The job has lasted a lot longer than I thought, it seems like ages ago since you mentioned Redundancy. Has the package remained the same through the economic decline?

Offer is still the same, and now we know for sure that the end of march is the closing date,,,, I would like it to keep dragging on to be honest, but.......... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As the proud owner of the expensive 170CR Elegance (I had added park assist and rear door blinds as extras to it.), I was contacted by my dealer regarding the price drop and extra spec. He will gladly supply the new version (sat nav/park assist) with rear door blinds for €5500.

I am due a 30k service in January and new tyres. I have been plagued with a rear sensor problem, numerous trips to the dealer.

Whats your views on that offer?

Bryan, sorry to hear about your job. Best of luck!

BTW. Heated rear seats were part of the original Elegance spec.

Regards,

Anthony.....

Hi,

As the proud owner of the expensive 170CR Elegance (I had added park assist and rear door blinds as extras to it.), I was contacted by my dealer regarding the price drop and extra spec. He will gladly supply the new version (sat nav/park assist) with rear door blinds for €5500.

I am due a 30k service in January and new tyres. I have been plagued with a rear sensor problem, numerous trips to the dealer.

Whats your views on that offer?

Bryan, sorry to hear about your job. Best of luck!

BTW. Heated rear seats were part of the original Elegance spec.

Regards,

Anthony.....

Hi Anthony,

I guess str8 off it sounds ok to get a new car for €5,500, but it depends what you paid for your Superb in the 1st place? I paid €30,000 for my 2 yo Octy and only being offered €15,000 as a trade in against the Superb. ( Only 1 dealer in the south willing to even give me a price for a trade in on my car :doh: ) a loss of 7.5K a yr. If you were to add the 5.5K plus the differance between what you paid for your I yo Superb and the new list price of the car it looks to be a much larger hit per yr.

Hope you can follow what I am trying to say :wonder:

Bryan

Hi,

I paid €20k with a 2 year old Octavia Ambiente which theoretically would have valued the Octavia at €18,500. The Superb 170 is now €5+K cheaper then what I paid so am I losing nearly €11k for a year?

Anthony.....

• 3 weeks later...

Wow how things have changed.

I have 170 elegance that I bought new from NI in Feb 09.

Incl vrt and VAT I had it cleared for € 30,300 odd. I got off easy with extras charges so it could have been higher and the exchange rate wat 96 at that stage.

The best price I could get with less spec straight was €36.5k in South.

I was going to by the mid one in 170 for € 30k but decided to go north.

I checked with the NI garage and they have no reduction. its in Ireland only.

It shows the ripoff that was there all along.

I pitty the lad that bought 170 Eleg in 09 in Republic.

Enjoy your car its a cracker and the power is smooth. 1 thing though if 18" 225 40 tyres watch the ice as its holding is awful.

I had a few frights yesterday.

Hi guys

I have negotiated a straight sale for a 170 Elegance c/w Spoiler, MDI, Sat-Nav CD, Metallic, Mudflaps and Mats for € 30,300. Ordering on Monday too!!! I'm like a kid - I can't wait.

Greg.

Wow how things have changed.

I have 170 elegance that I bought new from NI in Feb 09.

Incl vrt and VAT I had it cleared for € 30,300 odd. I got off easy with extras charges so it could have been higher and the exchange rate wat 96 at that stage.

The best price I could get with less spec straight was €36.5k in South.

I was going to by the mid one in 170 for € 30k but decided to go north.

I checked with the NI garage and they have no reduction. its in Ireland only.

It shows the ripoff that was there all along.

I pitty the lad that bought 170 Eleg in 09 in Republic.

Enjoy your car its a cracker and the power is smooth. 1 thing though if 18" 225 40 tyres watch the ice as its holding is awful.

I had a few frights yesterday.

That would be me.Ba....ds dropped the price by @ 7k.Oh well **** happens.Still a fab car.I will be keeping it for ever anyway and will be replacing it in @ 3years with prob another one but will b buying straight.I had a mark 1 to trade so was v restricted with who would deal with me.....BUT NOT NEXT TIME.Will price up north and would deal there to save €100.Priced towbar off the dealer down here and was quoted €1400.00.Got same bar up north off Skoda dealer for €550.00. Go figure that one.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB :dull:

That would be me.Ba....ds dropped the price by @ 7k.Oh well **** happens.Still a fab car.I will be keeping it for ever anyway and will be replacing it in @ 3years with prob another one but will b buying straight.I had a mark 1 to trade so was v restricted with who would deal with me.....BUT NOT NEXT TIME.Will price up north and would deal there to save €100.Priced towbar off the dealer down here and was quoted €1400.00.Got same bar up north off Skoda dealer for €550.00. Go figure that one.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB :dull:

I think the problem in Ireland over the last ten years or so was that people in business got greedy and there idea of profit margins got detached from reality, this was also fueled by higher disposable incomes and what we where capable of paying for goods and services. The recent price drop on the Superb range is great news for us Skoda drivers, if I could only persuede the gaffer to take the plundge and change the cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I just collected my new car last week new vRS 170hp and i asked the the Salesman (Mark) about the pricedrop...he told me that it was a reaction due to all the imports...he said that the garages told Skoda Ireland that if they didnt react to the sterling effect (as he called it) they would buy the cars from Skoda UK...as thats what the customers were doing...He said that Skoda Ireland is now run by Skoda as opposed to the previous private owned importer which gets rid of the money hungry irish bosses