maxidot ?

According to the brochure its still an option on the vRS, and yes its standard on L&K and Greenline :thumbup:

The vRS LE has maxidot as standard and is not to be confused with the standard spec.

Don't rely on the website for spec information, it states the vRS has 18" alloys and 15" steel wheels :giggle: Free winter wheels perhaps? :wonder:

It also states it has dual zone climatronic and manual air conditioning, hmmmm.

A Reply:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your information request.

I can confirm that MAXI-DOT comes as standard with the DSG option on the Octavia vRS.

Once again, thank you for your request.

Dan Latta

Skoda Customer Services

08457 745745

www.skoda.co.uk

I'm now a happy bunny!!

Sorry if I'm repeating this I've only skipped through the many replies,

I bought a handsfree for the 'phone through Stu on this forum. Maxidot shows 'phone info like number to call, missed numbers, end call, etc etc. apparently didn't do all this on Symbian phones but I've just got an HTC HD2 which is all singing all dancing as far as phones go and that all works fine with the Maxidot.

My dealer could only get a Scout with Maxidot and I said I didn't want to pay the extra so he 'threw it in' for me after a bit of a nudge.

To get a proper working BT connection, you need a phone with RSAP, 3-network phones won't work with it at all (apparently).

Not sure if you mean the 3 network or 3G which is a connection speed ( as far as I understand it ) I know it depends on the Operating System of the 'phone and I'm talking of the Skoda hands free which when I got mine was not available in the UK . Stu, a well known guy on here got a batch from the Eastern Block somewhere. My 'phone (HTC HD2 much like an iPhone in appearance ) uses the Windows for Mobile system and works fine, I know Stu had a Nokia smartphone which only matched up some of the features. To go back to the question though Maxidot is key to it all and a quick re code so that the radio and stalk know that the phone is there.

By the way 2 years on I still think Stu, who I've never met, is nothing short of a bloody genius when it comes to these things.

By the by the way what the hell is RSAP :S

RSAP - Remote Sim Access Protocol.

Basically the bluetooth kit in the FL octy is a phone in itself and once paired with it your phones functions are no longer used as its all done by the car, The sim card is read by the octy kit and becomes your phone.

The kit currently fitted is more advanced than the ones supplied by Stu a couple of years ago.