What dump valve?

eddie4x

just woundering which was the best dump valve to get for the vrs? as thers a few on market looking at fairly cheap ones that "are easy and straight swap from factory one"

cheers eddie also what noises they make if you know :)

I fitted a Forge 007P which seemed to make my car lumpy when coming off the throttle making smooth gear changes tricky, it also didn't fit properly as I needed the one with the 90 degree bend in the top (I love it when sites list the wrong part on their websites :wonder: ). No idea why I even bothered with it if I'm honest, I'm back to my OEM one now which is much better.

Don't bother if you only want the "roy bacer" ptsch sound as anything that is designed to work on an Octavia will be recirculating and not make any noise. You can get more DV sound with K&N filter though as I found.

Edited by lordrobs

Don't bother if you only want the "roy bacer" ptsch sound as anything that is designed to work on an Octavia will be recirculating and not make any noise. You can get more DV sound with K&N filter though as I found.

I thought the forge split r gave the whoosh sound and didn't put the engine management light on? but you could also turn it silent by putting the blanking plug on?

Yeah it will fit it just sqaushes the pipe a little, never caused me any problems. Strange that your is playing up. How long have you had it, have yoiu ever serviced it.

I think it might have been the pipe getting squashed that caused my issues.

Never serviced it but only had it 2 months before I took it out.

Split-R is the compromise I guess but you are still feeding less air back into the intake than the car is expecting so if you set it up wrong then you will still get problems.

Edited by lordrobs

I think it might have been the pipe getting squashed that caused my issues.

Never serviced it but only had it 2 months before I took it out.

Strange that I don't think I have ever heard of a problem with the forge DV's before now. Could be a lemon ??

I've still got it and I keep meaning to whip it apart and have a look, it just keeps slipping to the bottom of my to do list!

Anyway, I don't mean to knock the Forge. The point I'mtrying to make is that in my experience the OEM unit does an adequate job so if it ain't broke don't fix it. Especially if you are after DV noise as you won't get it from a recirculating valve anyway.

THis may help you when you crack it open, http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/valve_service.pdf

Another thought is that the spring may not be strong enough if you're Revo'd ??

And I agree on the noise :yes: Although a CAI and any DV will amke more noise than the standard air box, but then theres a little power lost (maybe) Can 'o worms lol

HTH

Yeah it will fit it just sqaushes the pipe a little, never caused me any problems. Strange that your is playing up. How long have you had it, have yoiu ever serviced it.

I had it squashed under the engine cover for a few days, looked like it was rubbing so flipped it over, but now get the stupid noise that occurs in the reversed position. How long have you had your's fitted and does it not rub?

If fitted correctly the Forge 007 should not foul on the engine cover, all that is required is to put a nylon tye-wrap round the vaccum hose to protect it from being rubbed through by the engine cover.

A K&N filter gave a noticable increase in noise to both my oem and Forge dump valves (in all honesty they sounded pretty much the same as each other) in my car.

Not too sure I would recommend a K&N as I also found it a bit droney but mods to the induction (panel filter, CAI etc.) would be my port of call if I had to have DV noise.

Personally I find DV noise a bit annoying.....

What colour spring comes in the 007 as standard?

My car is peaking at about 22-23psi so I'm wondering if I need uprate the spring?

Green or yellow AFAIK. There is a sticker on the box stating what spring is fitted and most suppliers will supply the one suitable for your car (not much use if you are running more boost than standard).

IMO You should be running a yellow so simply ask for one with a yellow spring in it when you order :)

EDIT- sorry, you already have the Forge :doh: If you still have the box, look for the circular sticker.

Edited by lordrobs