Any Stage 2 Owners Wanting More Power This Christmas?

I would agree with Sy. It's potentially a lot of money when you look at installation and extra parts needed.

Best bet would be to do some research on the Golf MKV forums and / or ring JKM for further advice.

If it turns out it's not applicable I'm sure Sy wouldn't mind making you an offer ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APR seem to think it fits http://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_long_20t_fsi_k04.html

only thing that worries me is relocating the DV

you could always let me have it dan..... Id have thought it would fit to be honest. they would try to limit the amount of differnt parts across the range. would someone who has etka be able to tell you the different part numbers for a ed 30 k04 and an A4 k04

looking at the way the exhaust bolts on the turbo on the Longitudinal a4 engine, i reckon your gains would be better than if i did the k04 conversion. normal TFSI exhaust gases do an immediate right angle turn within 5-6 inches of the turbo, yours just flows straigh out. that must give a gain wdue to the beter flow characteristics i reckon

unfortunately there's no such thing as a K04 A4.

Your right about the exhaust but I reckon i'll loose out with the intake, its a right twisted mass

Edit: by the way, if I find it doesn't fit consider it yours :p

Edited by dan_the_v8man

unfortunately there's no such thing as a K04 A4.

Your right about the exhaust but I reckon i'll loose out with the intake, its a right twisted mass

Edit: by the way, if I find it doesn't fit consider it yours :p

hope it fits for ya mate. How are you for room in the A4 for an intake. id 100% reccomend speaking to andy@ITG filters. the guy was cray about them, and spends the large amount of his time doing custom filters to order. (they are also heavy into motorsport including seatcopa cup, btcc F1000 so the credentials are there) some of the things he showed me upthere when he did the trial fit on mine was nuts.

Id bet he would be very capable and very likely to be very keen on developing one for you.

bearing in mind he has aleady developed intakes for the vRS/GTI TFSI engine, all the technical side has been done. its just a case of fining the best route and smoothest flow characteristcs. he was frustrated with the lack of room our engine bay had, as he believed it limited how good he could make the intake, if you have more room he might be able to go nuts in there, lol

Carbonio have an intake for about £250, APR have an overpriced offering or I could just leave my panel filter in but I can't see that offering a great deal of performance

But at the minute non of that matters anyway as my clutch died completely earlier and the cars currently waiting to be took to Huddersfield Audi

carbonio-b7a4.jpg

Edited by dan_the_v8man

That is what I meant. If the arrangement of the connections is different, worst case if it is mirrored, than you can have serious problems fitting it.

My biggest worry is converting the engine to a remote DV as that is effected by the orientation of the engine but I don't see that being too difficult

Isnt your car brand spankers as well. thats well ****.

i personnaly think APR over price everything, and then go shouting all other products down on all the forums. wouldnt buy anything from them at all. even if their stuff is ok.

you definately need more than a panel filter though, or you'll be wating all that extra top end power if it cant breath well.

My biggest worry is converting the engine to a remote DV as that is effected by the orientation of the engine but I don't see that being too difficult

wouldnt worry about that, if APR do a kit for your car thn there must be a remote DV kit available for your car

looking at the APR kit they've not done anything about the DV which has left be a bit confused

As for my A4, its not brand new but its an Audi Approved Used car so i'm expecting the dealer to sort it FOC

Edited by dan_the_v8man

looking at the APR kit it looks like they've modified the K04 so the diverter valve is still turbo body mounted

:o thats not good, i wouldnt want to be doing that personnally, thast for sure. if you crack the casing its all fooked then.

As for my A4, its not brand new but its an Audi Approved Used car so i'm expecting the dealer to sort it FOC

have you got the STS to put it back to standard?? handy if you do i guess.

braver man than me.

there must surely be a correct/optimum position for the DV to sit on it. Id have thought it would need to be cast that way for strength, with all the expansion and contraction with the heat. im no machinist though. hence why i wouldnt dream of doing that.

Just looked at ETKA and compared KO3 turbo's. The part numbers are different. The Audi is 06D 145 701 H and the BWA is 06F 145 701 H

could be worth a check to see if the GTI and leon Fr has the same code as our vRS and the D and F is not just specifying the vehicle maybe

you still have chipped ireland mappping in your sig micky, im presuming your not any more though??

Edited by vRSy

just found this

Originally Posted by Joel@APR View Post

A few things to consider before buying a S3 turbo for your A4:

1.) The turbo exhaust flange on a S3 and A4 are completely different. So, your A4 downpipe will NOT bolt up to this turbo and a custom downpipe will have to be made that incorporates a S3 (or GTI) flange.

2.) The manifold will not seat properly to the head unless the appropriate ear of the exhaust flange is trimmed and a new hole drilled (it will hit the motor mount).

3.) The compressor outlet and inlet of the turbo are in different locations than an A4. You would need custom hoses to make this work.

4.) A4s have a DV that's incorporated into the turbo where as the S3 has no provisions for this. So, your custom compressor outlet hose will also have to have a bung for a DV.

5.) With all of this custom hardware you will also need hose clamps and a custom exhaust gasket.

034 may have provisions for all of this. I just wanted to ensure that no one was mislead into believing you could simply bolt a S3 turbo on your A4, hook up the exhaust and plumbing, and go.

My Solutions;

1) De-cat pipe with the K04 flange for the A4 are available

2) Not scared of a bit of griding and drilling

3) Shouldn't be too difficult

4) Im hoping I can do the same as would be done with the vRS

nice,

at least you have a list of things you need to do. what are you lookin at cost wise on this though. if you can do the labour yourself it wont be so bad, but custom work is normally a little steep.

would love to see the real life results of a k04 with full time 4wd. 320hp+ with no traction issues would be ace get soe water meth and it'd be a nuts car.

thats the idea, do it myself and use Shark Performance for the mapping and injector coding.

to be honest, the more I think about it, the more likely I am to sell the turbo, so if your still interested...

Edit: even with the stage one map its still rather easy to light all 4 wheels up with a heavy right foot, amazing off the line peformance though

Edited by dan_the_v8man