How to actually fit an aftermarket stereo in a fabia vrs...anyone help?

am i being an idiot beacuse i just cant seem to find a guide for fitting an aftermarket single din headunit in a fabia vrs...im just sorta sitting here now with no stereo, a *&$@ load of wires and no idea what the hell im doing...it seems as tho the cage i have doesnt even want to fit into the space where the orignal stereo was....

i have bought the 3.50 blanking plastic thingy from skoda to fill the gap thats a new stereo leaves...am i being thicK?

i have indeed. basically i went to the skoda dealers they used the keys and took the stereo out, i have an alpine headunit which i have fitted in three cars before.

I bought a cage but it does not seem to fit properly in the hole that is where the old stereo used to be, do i have to remove any further parts of the stereo housing or have i got some odd cage that is being stubborn, its literally out in terms of width by around half a mil.

**** BY THE LOOK OF IT BABS I HAVE THE SAME ALPINE AS YOU****

Edited by fabvrs2009

am i being an idiot beacuse i just cant seem to find a guide for fitting an aftermarket single din headunit in a fabia vrs...im just sorta sitting here now with no stereo, a *&$@ load of wires and no idea what the hell im doing...it seems as tho the cage i have doesnt even want to fit into the space where the orignal stereo was....

i have bought the 3.50 blanking plastic thingy from skoda to fill the gap thats a new stereo leaves...am i being thicK?

When i have fitted stereos into them the main thing is to insure you dont feed into the cars can lines

Connects2 list a thew different facias deppending on year.

http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.aspx?catID=69&manID=229&modID=551

Autoleads pc2-69-4 for 2000 to 2007 and pc2-75-4 for 2007 on. To sort out the wiring.

the antena adapter is listed as pc5-90 for 2000-2007 or pc5-137 for 2007 on

It should all just plug in if you use the corect leads apart from conecting the feed for the anntena adapter.

If it is not done properly normaly the first thing you notice is the central locking stops working.

Hope this helps

Well if its a new stereo and no wires have been cut then its dead easy.

you only have speaker ISO, Power ISO and aerial. Just plug them in and off you go. If you find it wont keep radio setting switch the igination and live around.

Well if its a new stereo and no wires have been cut then its dead easy.

you only have speaker ISO, Power ISO and aerial. Just plug them in and off you go. If you find it wont keep radio setting switch the igination and live around.

You must be carefull that it does not feed the cars bus lead with power as it will afect the canlow system. Get people complaining that there central locking wont work when they have not used corect lead. Normaly its the blue wire for the electric antena thats the problem.

Yes, cage first. On my Alpine (if you do have the same one!) there's a small latch on the lower right hand side of the stereo which clicks into place when the unit is properly housed.

Get the cage in, cutting whatever's in the way off! You may need the glove box off to, to get your hand up to put the harness back through. Slide the unit in, untill it clicks and is locked. Job done :)

tis all good now my problem was the fact that i didnt have the right cage, obvs the alpine one has the latches so thats the stereo clicks in whereas a normal universal one didnt...took a while to move all the b@st@rd cables and i nearly severed my finger trying to get the ipod cable out but apart from thats its all good, thanks for all your suggestions and help :)

tis all good now my problem was the fact that i didnt have the right cage, obvs the alpine one has the latches so thats the stereo clicks in whereas a normal universal one didnt...took a while to move all the b@st@rd cables and i nearly severed my finger trying to get the ipod cable out but apart from thats its all good, thanks for all your suggestions and help :)

Hi Guys, as the op has already solved hid problem and this was mentioned above I will ask a quick question!

Its mentioned above about swapping the ignition with the live around.

I get from this list that the ignition is pin 7. But which one is the live?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/43971-ice-iso-connections/

(I had trouble fitting my cage, but I used a hammer , then it was fine ;))

Thanks

-------------edit----------

I spotted in another post that there might be bullit connectors. I just looked and there was a yellow and red wire with bullets, swapped these and it works now.

Sorry for trying to Hijack the thread ;)

Edited by Paddybaptiste

• 7 months later...

I spotted in another post that there might be bullit connectors. I just looked and there was a yellow and red wire with bullets, swapped these and it works now.

Sorry for trying to Hijack the thread ;)

I have swoped the red and yellow wires around(on the ISO that come with the aftermarket stereo), however the radio stations still wont stored?

Any suggestions?