Timings

fuscobal

Can all of u guys pls post here your 0 to 100 and 80 to 120 acceleration time ? I will start :

0-100 > 8 sec

80-120 > 4.6 sec

I would also like to know if it's safe to go over 200HP with the AGU engine (1.8T 150cp). I'm asking this because i would like to do a remap from 196HP to approx 210-220HP. Wich would be the limit in terms of reliability ? The car now has 75k km and around 30k with Dimsport mapping !

definately KPH,Romania is a fair distance away!!!!

i know a few people on here have some figures for 0-62mph,not sure on the 50-70mph figures.

you'll probably be able to find some 1/4 mile time aswell.

go onto the site search and have a look.

i would say that you'd be fine to go up to 210-220bhp,alot of cars here are running above those figures already.obviously there is a limit due to the turbo spec if you wanted to go higher you'd have to go for a bigger turbo etc.

reliabilty should be no problem,its been said here that the 1.8T unit is good for 300bhp on standard internals so it shouldn't be a problem.

hope this helps if not the search feature will help you no end.

Sorry. Forgot to specify. I was talking about km/h. Anyway an equivalent in miles should do.

Delcac, are u talking about a Skoda there ??? Those timings are incredible ! Pls specify the car and techical sheet !

I was asking about the power upgrade because i've read that AGU engines have smaller injectors than VRS or newer 1.8T codes. If it's safe to go beyond 200hp, why do most chiptuning producers stop at 190-200HP ?

I was also asking you guys to write down your timings because i want to campare theme with mines. Since i've seen many VRS tuned to 230-240HP I would like to see how big is the difference and if it's worth to upgrade from 196 to 210-220HP!

Hi I have an AGU with somewhere around 250-280bhp. The ~192hp limit is due to the smaller k03 turbo. The vRS has a larger K03 often called a K03s. For that reason I highly doubt you'll be able to get more than 200hp on the stock turbo. I used a boost controller to try to get more power, but the turbo would just not make it above 1.2 bar in the mid-range and somwhere around .8 bar at redline, although I'm not sure about the redline numbers.

After that, I changed the turbo and put in the T3 super 60 I have now. The injectors couldn't really handle even .9bar to redline. The point is that when the injectors get maxed out and hit 100% duty cycle, the engine hits limp mode (even if you have a boost controller), cuts fuel and boost goes down to .4 bar. I think the injectors were pretty well matched to the original turbo, they're 240cc/min @ 3 bar in case anyone cares. The vRS has at least 270cc/min injectors. I'm now running Bosch 440cc/min injectors and 1.4 bar of boost to redline, but I'm at 2700m of altitude so I'm not getting the horsepower numbers I'd like (350hp).

You could increase the MAF housing to 2.5 inches inner diameter and changed the fuel pressure regulator to 4 bar. That could get you maybe 230hp, but you'd need a new turbo to get there.

Good Luck!

Speedy G

0-100 = 5.8

80-120 = 2.9

Obviously not my car' date=' a friends. :gapteeth:[/quote']

I want a lap in your friend's car! :drool:

For me 0 - 100 (kph) is about 8.5 at best, to 160 (kph) bloomin' eck - probably holding it in fourth to there - maybe 17 seconds? But then it ain't a petrol turbo :P

If LV have their way it could be 11.6 and *yawn respectively... :(

Ok, so to jump over 200HP i would need bigger injectors and new turbo ! Can u give me an approximative price for theese two?

Sure, but it depends how much power you want.

250bhp (280 ft lbs of torque)

You could go with a K04 for USD1000, 440ml/min injectors for USD200 and a 3.25 inch inner diameter MAF housing from ATP, and no chip. USD50 for manual boost controller.

300bhp-350bhp

www.atpturbo.com get the Stage II setup with a GT28R turbo or a GT28RS turbo for USD2000, 440ml/min injectors for 200, a 3.25 inch MAF housing from ATP for 150 and USD140 for a walbro inline fuel pump, 50 bucks for manual boost controller.

Up to 400bhp with a T3/T4E 50 trim for 2500 using ATP manifold, downpipe, high-flow cat and the rest of the stuff for 550. You'll also need an LSD which goes for 800 bucks.

Speedy G

For me 0 - 100 (kph) is about 8.5 at best' date=' to 160 (kph) bloomin' eck - probably holding it in fourth to there - maybe 17 seconds? But then it ain't a petrol turbo :P

If LV have their way it could be 11.6 and *yawn respectively... :([/quote']

Oh i'll see if I can find him at Angelsey. ;)

For me 0 - 100 (kph) is about 8.5 at best' date=' to 160 (kph) bloomin' eck - probably holding it in fourth to there - maybe 17 seconds? But then it ain't a petrol turbo :P

If LV have their way it could be 11.6 and *yawn respectively... :([/quote']

I managed to get 0-100kph in 8.4s in the wet, with wheelspin in 1-3rd gear :o and thats timing with a AP22