arm rest on vrs

in MK1 you could add it as an extra :)

Depending on the Trim or Country it can be standart or extra.

I remember my wife Octavia 1.6 Elegance Trim comes factory with the arm rest but the Octavia 1.6 Ambiente Trim does not comes with it and you need to pay extra to get it.

My L&K 1.8T comes factory with it :p

Skoda_005.jpg

Isaac

Edited by Turbo_Boss

My 2001 Elegance came with it as standard. Basically Elegance + L&K have them as standard, iirc, and other cars lower down the trim range + vRS had them as options.

do all octy vrs have an arm rest between drivers and passenger seats? or did they only put these on newer cars? cheers

My 2004 plate Mk1 vRS hatch did not have an armrest. I fitted one from an L&K. My father in law also had a vRS (estate - about year older) again without an armrest.

I therefore declare categorically that no UK vRS had an armrest fitted as standard :giggle: (don't you love sweeping statements!!)

I guess they would be quite useful, say for example, as somewhere too rest your arm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Uses for mine:

- I rest my arm on it

- keep my house & garage keys in it

- keep my locking wheel nut key in it

- keep my sunglasses in it (when I am not wearing them)

- seem to have a couple of random wooden chip forks in it (for when I was doing a car-based treasure hunt)

I guess they would be quite useful, say for example, as somewhere too rest your arm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You don't think that being able to use the handbrake and gear lever is more important? (oh and IIRC a driver using an armrest whilst driving is a breach ot C&U regs).

You don't think that being able to use the handbrake and gear lever is more important? (oh and IIRC a driver using an armrest whilst driving is a breach ot C&U regs).

How does the armrest hinder the gear lever? I'll admit it makes use of the handbrake slightly more difficult, but I've had mine on almost 5 years and never not been able to apply the hand brake while driving (hill starts). While stationary, if i need to apply the handbrake hard on (park on steep slope/car ferry etc) i simply lift it out of the way.

If you don't like your's, fine, but don't tell me i can't drive with mine....

Fatty - C&U Regs are Construction and Use Regulations: It seems strange to me too, but there have been a few well-documented cases.

SDenny - I know the armrest on mine either obstructed the rear travel of the gear lever (particularly in 4th), or even reaching the handbrake. Oh and the oddments tray is too shallow to take a prper hard glasses case, plus I think stuff in it is going to rattle like bu99ery!

SDenny - I know the armrest on mine either obstructed the rear travel of the gear lever (particularly in 4th), or even reaching the handbrake. Oh and the oddments tray is too shallow to take a prper hard glasses case, plus I think stuff in it is going to rattle like bu99ery!

Nothing in mine seems rattle (quite surprisingly!), and I don't seem to have any gear level travel issues either. Handbrake - that is slightly harder to reach, but I am well used to it :-)

Guess this is a case of each to their own.

do they come in leather? can't see how it would match the rest of the car if not?

Yes in comes in leather. You need to supply them your VIN Number and they will get the correct one. Just a few month back, the hinges on the top part of my arm rest brake so I need to order that top part. So I went to the Skoda Dealer and toll him I need one for my L&K with Tan colon interior......... The guy toll me he need the VIN Number in order that they can get one that match my interior.

Isaac

Edited by Turbo_Boss

Nothing in mine seems rattle (quite surprisingly!), and I don't seem to have any gear level travel issues either. Handbrake - that is slightly harder to reach, but I am well used to it :-)

Guess this is a case of each to their own.

:clap:

+1