Best Stage 1 remap for tfsi

Hi all,

i am considering getting a stage 1 remap done by jabbasport or p-torque on my octavia vrs but am undecided on who to use. has any one used either of these companies and got any feedback on these remaps.

cheers mike

Hi all,

i am considering getting a stage 1 remap done by jabbasport or p-torque on my octavia vrs but am undecided on who to use. has any one used either of these companies and got any feedback on these remaps.

cheers mike

Not really heard of anyone getting a jabbasport(lots of the fabia/octavia mk1 guys use them) or p-torque map on a vRS.

my three reccomendations would be to go for REVO or shark performance and steer clear from bluefin if you have a petrol vRS(from personal experience). any reason why you have chosen those two or are you unaware of the ioptions avilable to you.

its always handy to know future plans etc, as that has a big bearing on the best remap to choose for uprated stage 2 and 3 maps etc, should you ineveitably consider your remapped car to be slow again. You get used to new power so quickly lol

Edited by vRSy

Not really heard of anyone getting a jabbasport(lots of the fabia/octavia mk1 guys use them) or p-torque map on a vRS.

my three reccomendations would be to go for REVO or shark performance and steer clear from bluefin if you have a petrol vRS(from personal experience). any reason why you have chosen those two or are you unaware of the ioptions avilable to you.

its always handy to know future plans etc, as that has a big bearing on the best remap to choose for uprated stage 2 and 3 maps etc, should you ineveitably consider your remapped car to be slow again. You get used to new power so quickly lol

cheers for the quick reply. i haven't really looked in to the remaps to heavily yet but would like a remap that produces strong torque as i miss that after having a remapped diesel in the past.

Do you know what sort of torque figures you ca expect from either a shark performance or Revo?

regards,

Mike

there are graphs on this site that show stage 2 vRS TFSI's putting out 260Hp and 290Ibft torque. Dont thin anyone has dyno'd their stage 1 shark perfomance but id expect the same detail as revo again for that.

so ignoring sales jargon etc, and taking into account the stage 1 cars i have seen, id say you are looking at 235-245 hp/275-280Ibft (dependant on what dynos you get figures from obviously)

REVO always gets good press, there are a multitude of shark perfomance guys on here who are very happy with their cars including me, dan_v8_theman, fikes75 and more.

there are Sub Forums on here for both companies

REVO technik - http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/19-revo-technik/

Shark performance - http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/154-shark-performance/

have a peruse through them for plenty of info. and reviews

alternatively there are other remaps available:

APR

oettinger

GIAC

AMD

P-torque

Jabbasport

Have you put any thought into what you you would ideally like out of the car in the end, as planning ahead wil save you money on the long run. I know,I ahd to swap remaps to something more suitable to get to my goal, or at least on the way to it, lol

Edited by vRSy

Hi all,

cheers mike

For stage 1, REVO, but don't ignore BF for the TFSI, despite what others have to say, I personally think it is worth looking at.

Just my opinion though............ :)

For stage 1, REVO, but don't ignore BF for the TFSI, despite what others have to say, I personally think it is worth looking at.

Sorry mate who/what are Bf

I've though about the sts but unfortunatly I'm too skint after buying my house, hence while I'm drinking in a weatherspoons tonight :(.

I think I will go with the shark remap after this as it appears to be the best the bang for buck

ive had bluefin at stage 1, 2 and 2+ and it is absolute dog sh!te on the TFSI K03

That's the sort of directsl advice I need. Bluefin maps do seem to be considerbly

less bang for buck than the rest that I have been dutifully advices of.

Anyone out there dyno'd a shark stage 1 yet for some comparible (roughly) figures?

That's the sort of directsl advice I need. Bluefin maps do seem to be considerbly

less bang for buck than the rest that I have been dutifully advices of.

Anyone out there dyno'd a shark stage 1 yet for some comparible (roughly) figures?

ive not experienced stage 1 with it yet, i went from stage 2+ bluefin to the equivalent shark perfomance, and was impressed at the improvment, i dont know of any one who has dyno'd a stage 1 car yet, but i know dan_the_v8man has had REVO, code red, and shark performance map on his previous tfsi cars and is happy with his cutrrent map

reference the bluefin, i thought stage 1 was good. made 241hp/249Ibft on Dynno dynamic rollers. but i was unimpressed with stage 2 and 2 +, where i found the delivery to be erratic in delivery.

Edited by vRSy

i had a Jabba stage 1 put on my car last november and cant fault it, bags more power and it now pull like a train in every gear and a lot smoother. i was very impressed with Kevin and the guys, total pros. if you live my way your more than welcome to come for a spin and see what you think.

vRS No3,

has your car been on a dyno since it was remapped? If so what figures did you get?

Also has anyone had any clutch slipping issues with any stage 1 remaps? I understand that the clutches aren't that strong on the K03 TFSi?

AFAIK the clutch on the k03 is the same as the ed 30, cupra and S3.

some giuys have ruined clutches. one of the worst things you can do to your clutch is accelerateing from low speed in high gears, its kinder to your clutch.

ive been remapped for 18k now and have don alot of track days and touch wood, have had no slippage as of yet.

Edited by vRSy

I used performance torque to remap my Cupra - very pleased with the results and always good prices.

Haven't seen much feedback on their map for the TFSI, but they did run a group buy a while back so there must be a few people here with it.

Bluefin stage 1 is generally thought of as being 'good' but not up to REVO - as Sy says though, anything after stage 1 is a waste of time really as we've both found out. Having said that, they only charge £50 for the stage2 and stage2+ files.

I've experienced Shark Performance's stage 2 and it's surprisingly quick :)

S3 / Cupra K1 / Golf Ed 30 / Golf GTI Mk5 / Octy VRS - all have the same clutch, though it has been revised for the better over the last few years. Whether your clutch is up to it does seem to be down to a) driving style and B) luck - many people are happily running at 300bhp plus on their standard clutch. Mine has been slipping recently, at 251bhp and only 20k.

S3 / Cupra K1 / Golf Ed 30 / Golf GTI Mk5 / Octy VRS - all have the same clutch, though it has been revised for the better over the last few years. Whether your clutch is up to it does seem to be down to a) driving style and B) luck - many people are happily running at 300bhp plus on their standard clutch. Mine has been slipping recently, at 251bhp and only 20k.

forgot about your cklutch issues, hows it going with it now then

Having said that, they only charge £50 for the stage2 and stage2+ files.

same as REVO. £50+VAT per additional stage, not sure how much additional maps are for shark perfomance to be honest, would have thought it would be in the same ball park

No change really - since the temperature has come back up, the slip has disappeared 95% of the time, so I'm taking it as a warning of a future clutch failure. Done all the hard work though, got a new clutch and DMF sitting in the spare room, got fitting prices from JKM etc etc - just going to hold out a while longer.

No change really - since the temperature has come back up, the slip has disappeared 95% of the time, so I'm taking it as a warning of a future clutch failure. Done all the hard work though, got a new clutch and DMF sitting in the spare room, got fitting prices from JKM etc etc - just going to hold out a while longer.

whats the going rate for fitment of a new clutch anyways. i think if mine goes, ill splash out for a sachs one, but hopefully it wont come to that

whats the going rate for fitment of a new clutch anyways. i think if mine goes, ill splash out for a sachs one, but hopefully it wont come to that

Sachs clutch fitted is £845 - £265 of that is the actual fitting.

General consensus is that if the clutch has already been slipping, there's a chance your DMF needs replacing - that is an eye watering £615 which makes the whole thing very expensive.

Hence why I'll be sticking another OEM on when mine gives out, seeing as I got the clutch and DMF both for £200 - might be a foolish move but time will tell and £465 all in for a new clutch and flywheel is a lot nicer on the wallet.