Fabia VRS - Fixed Suspension Kits

Hello all.

I'm looking to establish a definitive list of all the fixed suspension kits for the Fabia VRS (shocks and springs)

Can people post what they have in here along with pictures and prices if possible.

Cheers

Edited by ultra_joel88

Thanks for that I would want the springs AND shocks if I did go for them.

The STRT KONI and the Apex are most attractive at the moment does anyone have any pictures of their car on these kits?

I have AP coilovers and fed up of the bloody stupid things so they're coming off. Will NEVER EVER EVER BUY coilovers AGAIN

I know mine isn't a vRS, but the same characteristics apply for this suspension kit. Koni FSD's and Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Pricey but worth it IMO, the ride is so much better than standard. Lowered approx. 25mm.

Koni FSD's: £395.99, Eibach Pro-Kit: £136.95

Afterdetailing002.jpg

Edited by Leodhasach

I know mine isn't a vRS, but the same characteristics apply for this suspension kit. Koni FSD's and Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Pricey but worth it IMO, the ride is so much better than standard. Lowered approx. 25mm.

Koni FSD's: £395.99, Eibach Pro-Kit: £136.95

Afterdetailing002.jpg

I'm sure a few people would maybe argue that your car is still too high, but IMO that ride height looks perfect! B) I've done the whole coilover thing before in a previous life (Ibiza FR Tdi) and to be honest it really made me question whether I would buy coilovers again. Can't remember the exact model (FK something or other) but anyway found them too hard for the road (unless race track smooth) and when I went to adjust them after a few months (after coating the threads in grease), they were ceased solid! Final straw was when I hit a massive pothole and wrecked the front one. To be honest, it was a relief to get them out! :'(

When you say the ride is better on the Koni FSD's and Eibach Pro-Kit springs- in what ways is it? The ride on the VRS is supple (in comparison to the Ibiza FR at least) but there's always plenty of room for improvement! ;)

Thanks

Hello all.

I'm looking to establish a definitive list of all the fixed suspension kits for the Fabia VRS (shocks and springs)

Can people post what they have in here along with pictures and prices if possible.

Cheers

Hello Joel :wave: I remember you from CCUK! I think you actually initally gave me the idea of buying a vRS lol..

I'm also looking at fixed suspension kits atm :)

Here's AwesomeSarah's Comfy on STR.Ts:

fabia_strt.jpg

...obviously, the vRS will look a little different on 45-profile tyres rather than the 65s on the Comfy, but the ride height's the same, so you get the general idea! You can just about see the orange shocks, but the blue springs don't stand out much. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though!

I couldn't justify the extra cost of the FSDs, although they are undoubtedly better. I did consider the Sports, but I reckoned that since they were adjustable, I'd just end up tinkering and apparently the scope for really screwing up the ride is immense!!! The STR.Ts were sold to me on the basis that they use the same technology as the Sports, only they aren't adjustable. The ride seems alright to me under most circumstances, although driving sub-20 mph on very poor roads / cobbles isn't great...

PS: @ Leodhasach - I think the Eibachs drop standard Fabias by 40mm; vRSes already being 15mm lower than the rest of the range.

PPS: @ ultra_joel88 - you may remember my STR.Ts made a heck of a racket when I first had them, but on your recommendation, a squirt of white spray grease where the springs sit in the top mounts has solved the problem. Even despite the wet and the salt, they're still fine!

why?

1) Handling is like dog turd (even after alignment)

2) Springs are obviously the wrong poundage as the front coils are constantly hammering togehter and now all the coating is dropping off and theyre rusting

3) Noisy at low speeds, clunks and clicks

4) Coating is coming off despite being covered in grease and cleaned once every 2 months

5) The worst of all is what they have done to the steering feel. Even after being laser aligned, the car pulls left VERY VERY strongly, if I let go of the wheel I would be in the hedge within 2 seconds. Steering weight is completely knackered, turning right is extremely heavy and turning left is light as a feather.

Annoying, annoying annoying.

I'm sure a few people would maybe argue that your car is still too high, but IMO that ride height looks perfect! B) I've done the whole coilover thing before in a previous life (Ibiza FR Tdi) and to be honest it really made me question whether I would buy coilovers again. Can't remember the exact model (FK something or other) but anyway found them too hard for the road (unless race track smooth) and when I went to adjust them after a few months (after coating the threads in grease), they were ceased solid! Final straw was when I hit a massive pothole and wrecked the front one. To be honest, it was a relief to get them out! :'(

When you say the ride is better on the Koni FSD's and Eibach Pro-Kit springs- in what ways is it? The ride on the VRS is supple (in comparison to the Ibiza FR at least) but there's always plenty of room for improvement! ;)

Thanks

Glad you like it :thumbup: I'd have to agree, it was lower on an el cheapo set of PI springs and arguably had a better stance, but it's so much more usable now.

As for the ride, it's beautifully taut and 'planted' on smooth roads and sweeping bends, but is much more comfortable on rougher stuff than normal sports suspension setups as there's no crashing, banging or juddering, and absolutely zero bounciness on undulations. It's the best mod I've done to the car, along with the remap :D

PS: @ Leodhasach - I think the Eibachs drop standard Fabias by 40mm; vRSes already being 15mm lower than the rest of the range.

I don't think so, I'm fairly sure this is a different spring to the one for the vRS. If you imagine my car being 40mm higher, that's SERIOUSLY high :rofl:

I've got those cheep pi sports springs on I think (bought them second hand because my front springs had snapped and they were cheaper than one new front spring on ebay) They are good the car has a better stance and feel I think its about 30mm lower but It will raise back up when I put alloy wheels on, my car is a 1.4MPI comfort with standard shocks and drop links, which I think is a good compromise between comfort and sportiness. Ps ultra_joel88 if you are replacing the coil overs how much do you want for them I wouldn't mind a bit of experimenting? You say the springs are being pounded are you sure they weren't for a lighter car like mine with the petrol engine(I'm not insinuating you got the wrong kit more that they put the wrong springs in the box).

Ps Leodhasach where was your photo taken( I have Leurbost in my head but I dont know why) that looks like a distinctly new bit of tarmac for Lewis

Edited by The Worm

Ps Leodhasach where was your photo taken( I have Leurbost in my head but I dont know why) that looks like a distinctly new bit of tarmac for Lewis

Haha, it's a small world! That one was taken on the top of my driveway in Benside, which is in Newmarket/Laxdale just outside Stornoway. The new bit of tarmac is just my driveway, the roads are all mashed :o

This was not too far from Leurbost though :rofl:

027.jpg

Edited by Leodhasach

I don't think so, I'm fairly sure this is a different spring to the one for the vRS. If you imagine my car being 40mm higher, that's SERIOUSLY high :rofl:

You may be right. Either way, here's a shot taken not so very long ago of my car on its STR.Ts, outside a particular pub (shouldn't be too hard to guess which one! ;) ). You can decide for yourself what the difference is in ride height...

cat_fiddle.jpg

:thumbup:

You may be right. Either way, here's a shot taken not so very long ago of my car on its STR.Ts, outside a particular pub (shouldn't be too hard to guess which one! ;) ). You can decide for yourself what the difference is in ride height...

cat_fiddle.jpg

:thumbup:

That ride height looks good to me!! :thumbup: In what ways is it better than the OE setup? Comfort/handling etc?

Edited by mr_s81

Comfort's obviously down, due to the stiffer springs - although it's only really noticeable at low speeds on rough surfaces. FSDs or an expertly-tweaked set of Sports would doubtless ride better, but for more money! The handling is streets ahead in the bends compared to OEM, so it's a compromise I'm happy with...

Ive ran eibach springs and standard shocks for 60k and have been more than happy with the set up. Anti roll bars and rear spacers etc have made it even better. Is the common concensus that coilies are for slamming and that say, koni fsd's and springs would be better for performance? The shocks are due for replacement so have been considring both options and think I will go with shocks and springs. If I do are koni the way to go? Anyone know the lifespan of springs?? I don't know if mine should be replaced with the dampers...

Edited by VRS_SE_047

Mine is on Eibach's and standard shocks, ride height works for me.........

DSC00071.jpg

Si.

sorry but had to say NICE FURBY

• 2 months later...

Has anyone fitted FSD's with the OEM springs? I am not too keen on lowering the car but definitely need to improve the ride! Most people on here seem to fit Eibach's and FSD's at the same time?

Although sleithykeithy's does look smart!?