Photoshop my car please

mr_s81

As I've mentioned in the shiney pics thread. I bought my VRS on 29th December and since then have been thinking of doing minor things to try and personalise it a bit. After having seen some of the pics on this site, I notice that some of you are getting the door handles colourcoded and / or removing the bump strips?

Would some kind slightly more competent IT person than myself, do a photoshop on this picture? B)

FabiaSide.jpg

If it was possible I would like three things.

1. A photoshop of the car with the bumpstrip removed and handles left as they are (black).

2. A photoshop of the car with the handles colourcoded and bump strip left on.

3. A photoshop of the car with the handles colourcoded and bump strip removed.

I've the car booked in to a local bodyshop to respray the front bumper as the lacquer is starting to peel off in certain places. I'm also tempted by this colour coding malarky, but would like to get an idea of what it may look like before taking the plunge!!

Any help would be much appreciated!! :thumbup::D

Thanks

Ian

Colour code handles and bump strips - simple. :)

Well that is another possibility I guess! ;) Be nice to see what it looked like though! :thumbup:

Also not sure how the paint on the bump strips might stand up to some numpty flinging a door on to them!? Would look awful if it started to flake off :doh:

Wow - big :thumbup: to all who've took the time to do this, I really appreciate it!! Not many sites about as helpful and friendly as this one! B) Looking at your pics I'm now not sure if I've overcomplicated things and given myself too many choices!! Doh!! :rofl:

At the minute, I think it's either -

1. Taking off the bump strips and colour coding the handles.

2. Leaving on the bump strips and colour coding the handles.

What's your opinion peeps?! ;)

I say colour code the handles (thats what 2007 on Fabias have), and then see if you need to do the rubbing strips.

I think you're right there. Not sure whether colour coding both the handles and bump strips would be sensible without seeing the handles first. The black strip (IMO) doesn't look too bad against the red. It's probably the handles that annoy me the most as I think it's strange having none colour coded handles on a car that was (correct me if I'm wrong)supposed to be the top of the range model at the time?!

Elegance was top of the range, but that didn't have colour coded handles either.

The handles are available pre-painted from Skoda for not too much money... :)

Elegance was top of the range, but that didn't have colour coded handles either.

The handles are available pre-painted from Skoda for not too much money... :)

Didn't know that about the elegance model. Every day's a school day... ;)

I wonder when you say "not too much money", is your idea of "not too much money" and mine the same!! :D

I seem to remember them being available painted. I take it they are atleast primed...?

Not sure if they're primed or not?? Will ask when / if they phone back.

Beginning to wonder if I'd be as cheap just letting the bodyshop paint the existing handles when my front spoiler is being done and sere if the finish on them lasts. I had spoken to the bodyshop about getting them painted initially and it was then that they raised concerns about how long the finish would last, given that the door handles aren't designed for being painted.

But after speaking to KTP via pm about the colour coding of the handles he'd done. He said he has had no problems with paint flaking off in the two years since they've been painted.

It's hard to know! :D

Edited by mr_s81

If you remove the bump strips, you may find the paint is blistered underneath. So budget for side respray. Car looks too plain without the strips IMHO anyway.

The blistering paint beneath the strips would be my biggest fear. I just couldn't afford a respray! After seeing the photoshops, I'd be inclined to agree with you on the plain-ness. The strip does "break up" the sea of red on the side of the car. Will maybe try colour coded handles and leave the bump strip.

Local skoda dealer phoned me back regarding the handles. Eventually got quoted £200+ VAT for 4 new handles sprayed!!! Lol - I think not!!! :no:

I'd colour code the existing handles and leave the bump strips, saves dents in the door and breaks up all the redness :)

If handles are colour coded properly they won't flake, you need special plastic primer. Had my car done for 6 months, no problems and my previous car for 4 years :)

Edited by Ad Lav

i removed the bump strips on my black furby RS and i love it as the paint was still fine underneath, although with you having a red one, it looks ace with the bump strips, i just had issues with mine as the adhesive had given up and they were coming off. i would also leave the door handles the way they are too. all that cost for a pretty small changeg which IMO will not make it look any better, but then again i dont have that issue with mine being black, but i think they look great on the red too! the car looks really well, if you haven't got a remap then id do that next, that's my next plan after the wheels go gloss black next Thursday. Good times :) good luck with what ever you do

Dodgy paint should be covered by the 12 year warranty if it's peeling from the bump strips.

See http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/140130-vrs-bubbling-paint-under-rub-strips-definitive-thread/page__p__1754259__fromsearch__1entry1754259 for more.

Edited by TriggerFish

Pretty sure its not flat under the rub strips, remember seeing photos on here of someone that removed them and in my opinion it just looked pants :(

Yeah - makes it look like a poverty spec 'classic' :giggle: :giggle:

personly id just have the handles colourcoded but they look fine as they are and strip looks fine aswell! I think id spend my money chipping it and uprating suspension and maybe puting cupra spliter on for a different look! :thumbup: