VRS Security

Does anyone know if the factory fitted immobiliser is any good it’s a 2003 vrs?

Also is it worth getting a cat 1 alarm/immobiliser? Also can anyone recommend one?

Are these disklok steering wheel locks any good

Cheers and help welcome

Greg

Does anyone know if the factory fitted immobiliser is any good it’s a 2003 vrs?

Also is it worth getting a cat 1 alarm/immobiliser? Also can anyone recommend one?

Are these disklok steering wheel locks any good

Cheers and help welcome

Greg

Hi Greg

I always thought the Vrs had an alarm !

Radiotwo

Hi Greg

I always thought the Vrs had an alarm !

Radiotwo

Are they a std fit? I sales man didn't seem to know. It was the only thing I didn't check for but I didn’t see any sensor. Don’t mean to sound naive, but how will I tell if its got one?

Cheers

Greg

Are they a std fit? I sales man didn't seem to know. It was the only thing I didn't check for but I didn’t see any sensor. Don’t mean to sound naive, but how will I tell if its got one?

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

try locking the car with the window open. Leave it about a minute then wave your hand through the open window. This wil let you know the alarm is fitted. You should also have a button on the pillar between the Driver and rear doors which disables the sensor as a one off when you lock the car.

Martin

Yes, but IIRC it does the interior sensing too, I guess if you want to leave a dog in the car and the deadlocks stay on and you lose your keys you would have no option but to smash the window before it popped its clogs.

Hi Greg,

try locking the car with the window open. Leave it about a minute then wave your hand through the open window. This wil let you know the alarm is fitted. You should also have a button on the pillar between the Driver and rear doors which disables the sensor as a one off when you lock the car.

Martin

Cheers for that, I will have a look when I get the car on thursday, carnt wait!

On another note, do I need to run shell V power fule?

Thank alot

Greg

Cheers for that, I will have a look when I get the car on thursday, carnt wait!

On another note, do I need to run shell V power fule?

Thank alot

Greg

No, save your money. The difference V-Power makes to a standard engine is negligable. Google is your friend on this one but unless you go nuts up the tuning route I don't think its worth the high additional cost per tankfull.

No, save your money. The difference V-Power makes to a standard engine is negligable. Google is your friend on this one but unless you go nuts up the tuning route I don't think its worth the high additional cost per tankfull.

Thanks, that’s the answer I was hoping for!

I would like to tune at some point but in reality she is going to stay standard for quite some time

Thanks

Greg

My VRS does not have an alarm, just an immobiliser. I thought that they didn't come with one as standard.

Also, I use Tesco 99 and trust me it makes a difference.

One thing to note though, when I went to Liverpool (about 250-260 miles) I used a whole tank getting there with 3 people and light luggage (overnight gear).

Coming back I couldn't find anywhere selling 97+ and put 95 in. With 4 people and a fully loaded boot (we were bringing someone back who had just finished a contract) and I still had a bit of fuel left.

Bertee im sure they dont my Mk 1 only has immobiliser and doesnt have the window closing off of the fob thing either !!! but it does have light weight and power lol :thumbup: