New Skoda for me - Did 50mph in a 30mph.

Had the car now for around 2-3 months and it's getting rave reviews from all the staff that use them.

Had Fords previously and they where much loved, but the Skoda just seems all round "better", and so far haven't been off the road like most new vehicles do within the first few months sorting out niggles.

The only thing that takes the shine off the cars is the fact the service also had a order of Volvo's, but being 4wd and having winter/snow tyres they had the capability when the snow hit in a big way.

The gadgetry inside is all pretty new tech, and was only rolled out before Christmas.

Sorry for the quality of pics, but it's iPhone in low light.

img0301pgl.jpg

img0302oua.jpg

img0303ou.jpg

img0298gh.jpg

img0299jj.jpg

Odd they didnt choose a DSG box given all that other gadgetry that need playing with on the road?

In theory there should be no buttons bar the horn that you need to use whilst moving, but in reality there are but it's not much of a issue really, as most are far less distracting than quickly changing radio station in real life.

What model is that? Doesn't look like a VRS , alloys, wheel, fog lights and front bumper are wrong for a start.

Description: Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI

Body Type: Estate

Colour: White

Fuel Type: Diesel

Transmission: Manual

I'm assuming it's the 2.0 as it's pretty pokey, but they might have fettled with it a bit.

Edited by Ch!lledBudwei2e

I'm assuming it's the 2.0 as it's pretty pokey, but they might have fettled with it a bit.

I've always wondered if these cars were fettled with... So is it true and what do they do exactly? Remap?

I've always wondered if these cars were fettled with... So is it true and what do they do exactly? Remap?

Unfortunatly we dont have skoda's we have mondeo's and volvo's am told by our fleet department that they are not remapped but are delivered tuned! ....so in other words remapped. am always told its MOD or police spec, so guess theirs are the same.