folding mirrors on yeti

katekins

Hi all,

Only had my Yeti a few days and assumed wrongly, that it would have mirrors that would back - handy for country lanes, parking up in narrow spaces etc. Am I being thick or something?

Do you mean mirrors that can fold if you push them or mirrors that fold at the touch of a button? I would not think you at all thick for assuming the former; I have come across a few cars recently whose mirrors do not fold at all.

Do you mean mirrors that can fold if you push them or mirrors that fold at the touch of a button? I would not think you at all thick for assuming the former; I have come across a few cars recently whose mirrors do not fold at all.

I mean they fold electrically - on my old Picasso they fold at the touch of a button so have been saved many times from being shaved off by a school bus in a narrow Kentish lane! A friend as a Discovery without this function - thus giving me one of the few occasions to feel smug! - but rather surprised about the Yeti cos most things are pretty well thought out for urban/ rural motoring.

Katekins, I have just re-read my earlier post for which I must apologise. It implies that if you believed the latter then you are thick. I wouldn't want to suggest that for a moment.emoticon-0145-shake.gif

My VW has electric folding mirors so I was dissapointed to find the Yeti hasnt. Close inspection shows that the Yeti mirrors are smaller than normal which doesnt seem to a problem in terms of visibility but it does mean that they dont stick out much beyond the width of the car. I presume Skoda didnt think it was worth making them folding electrically.

One could always wind down the window of the drivers off side at least and manually fold back the mirrors if necessary.

Err that is my technique ;-) Electric folding mirrors is just something else to go wrong....

Jerry

My 8 month old facelift Octavia Elegance has power folding mirrors but apparently 2010 MY ones do not - yet another cut back from Skoda.

Skoda is not alone in this - I understand BMW has been quietly downspeccing cars / removing efficient dynamics bits for a while.

Probably due to the continued weak pound / strong Euro.

Skoda is not alone in this - I understand BMW has been quietly downspeccing cars / removing efficient dynamics bits for a while.

Probably due to the continued weak pound / strong Euro.

Have a colleague who has recently purchased a 32K BMW 3 series cabriolet, the power fold mirrors were a £300 option !

Still at least they were on the options list.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with the mirrors - I caught my drivers mirror on the very edge as I reversed out of my garage and it "exploded " into a million pieces. The bottom casing which contains the indicator light is very fragile and as the Yeti is so new also very difficult to get replacement parts for. I have no idea of cost and funily enough neither does my dealer. He couldn't even find a part number. He had me piece together the pieces to find the number on the casing. Still waiting to get spare after 2 weeks.

One sad monster!

Be careful with the mirrors - I caught my drivers mirror on the very edge as I reversed out of my garage and it "exploded " into a million pieces. The bottom casing which contains the indicator light is very fragile and as the Yeti is so new also very difficult to get replacement parts for. I have no idea of cost and funily enough neither does my dealer. He couldn't even find a part number. He had me piece together the pieces to find the number on the casing. Still waiting to get spare after 2 weeks.

One sad monster!

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with the mirror. I was hoping originally that they Yeti would have folding mirrors as the entrance to my place is pretty narrow. As it turns out the mirrors are squarer ( ie taller) than many cars and if they folded in they probably don't reduce the actual width by much.

One sad monster!

Now you have an "exploded" view, any chance of posting a photo of what is in there. I am interested as to whether it would be possible to retrofit the downlighting into an SE. What do the "boarding spots" look like on the inside of the mirror.

tom

In Greece the Yeti doesn't come with folding mirrors nor can you add it as extra when ordering :(

From what i understood, if ordered, the mirrors themselves can be tinted electronicaly somehow depending on the light of the sun :S