Can you believe this!?

Called my insurance company to declare my tinted windows on the vrs, which was fine no extra charge.

Whilst i was on i thought i'd ask about the top front strut brace and rear arb that "are to be fitted tomorrow" (actually already fitted! whoops). Well after going through to the under writers, they would not insure me with these items as they are not on their list of accepted modifications!!!!!!

i can have a supercharger, bodykit, engine remap with upto 50% bhp increase, lowered suspension and various other mods, but not an extra safety feature for the car.....im fuming and have had to remove the items (due to guilty conscience, and sods law stating that i'd crash and then have a voided policy!) So now im' gonna have to wait until nov when the policy is due for renewal to fit them.

Has anyone had any problems when declaring mods?

The way insurance companies are bu*gering about these days yes mate i would believe anything **** Turpin had nothing on most of them lol :giggle:

Edited by Fastkwak

sometimes you can use a mod that they "are not able to cover" as a get out of the policy. As they are not able to give you a price you ma be able to get them to cancel the policy with no costs, you could then go and get a decent quote elsewhere :D But be warned the insurance prices have gone up about 20% due to the floods last year :(

Yeah i thought about that, however i've already had to change my policy this year since moving address as zurich said they wouldnt cover my car now its parked on the roadside!!!! Fricking hate insurance companies, they will rocket even more when the bills from all the bumps in the snow start trickling through.

Think i'll leave it till nov when policy renews and in the meantime i can justify getting the coilovers as they'll cover them :rofl:

It just really ticked me off as a rarb is nothing compared to a supercharger which is on their stupid list!

Edited by Choongmu

Mate half the time i wonder if it is worth declaring mods as they will always bu***r you about on a claim either way

If your mods aren't declared they can totally void the policy. Don't even think about going there.