vRS in Candy White

I have just had a drive in a dealers Candy White Octavia vRS CR demo. Verdict, an excellent car and ticks all my boxes; good looking, comfortable, sporty, economical, affordable, well built and decent residuals.

Race Blue was my colour of choice but the Candy White looked fantastic. I know colour is a personal, subjective thing, but is white a 'fad' colour and will it hold its value as well as blue, black, red or silver in the long term?

Answer on a postcard please! :yes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a race blue one and i agree spotted a white one down at the shops the other day....think ill be getting a white one in two years....looks great...they also have antracite grey in the vRS now....not sure how that would look though

I have just had a drive in a dealers Candy White Octavia vRS CR demo. Verdict, an excellent car and ticks all my boxes; good looking, comfortable, sporty, economical, affordable, well built and decent residuals.

Race Blue was my colour of choice but the Candy White looked fantastic. I know colour is a personal, subjective thing, but is white a 'fad' colour and will it hold its value as well as blue, black, red or silver in the long term?

Answer on a postcard please! :yes:

Personally, I buy cars that i like, rather than thinking about whether or not the person i sell it to will like it.....

Personally, I buy cars that i like, rather than thinking about whether or not the person i sell it to will like it.....

I don't get emotionally attached to my cars, I agree that you should buy what you like, but what I wouldn't like is a dealer sucking through his teeth in 2 years time telling me that white means its worth less than blue!

I bought a candy white vRS with black wheels and it looks awesome - looks good in blue as well (my second choice) but the white really suits this car. You only live once so go with your heart and not your head (thats why I got petrol and not diesel !!).

I bought a candy white vRS with black wheels and it looks awesome - looks good in blue as well (my second choice) but the white really suits this car. You only live once so go with your heart and not your head (thats why I got petrol and not diesel !!).

Wrong on both counts then :rofl:

White is getting common as muck on Octy vRSs and in general. I suspect its popularity will fade again in a couple of years. However, I think the facelift does look best in white. I think this is partly down to the increased areas of clear light cluster on the new car, front and rear. In particular, the new rear clusters really suit white, but don't look as good as the old clusters did with any other colour.

Race blue still looks great on the facelift, just somehow not quite as good as on the pre-FL.