Tyres for Octavia vRs Mk 2

I have had my Mk 2 for 3 years and am on the 3rd set of tyres. 1st dunlops - wore out too quickly, 2nd michelin PP HP - just good enough, 3rd Avon Rainsport 2 -great but I have heard they are being phased out. I'm tired of reading dozens of contradictory reviews I need to hear of others experiences and advice. Anybody out there?

I have had my Mk 2 for 3 years and am on the 3rd set of tyres. 1st dunlops - wore out too quickly, 2nd michelin PP HP - just good enough, 3rd Avon Rainsport 2 -great but I have heard they are being phased out. I'm tired of reading dozens of contradictory reviews I need to hear of others experiences and advice. Anybody out there?

I've currently gor Bridgestone RE050A's on my front and Falken 452's on my rear.

Must say I've been more than happy/impressed with both.

Ive got a 57 plate vrs petrol producing somewhere around 260 bhp and ive wore 2 sets out 1st set were michelin pilots (ok, not brill in the wet but good in the dry) 2nd set Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas (i didnt like them, they tended to follow the ruts in the road, grip was ok though) the set i am running at the mo are conti sportcontact 3, i will say one word AWSOME!!!!!! (fantastic in the wet and fu****g awsome in the dry!)

Ive got a 57 plate vrs petrol producing somewhere around 260 bhp and ive wore 2 sets out 1st set were michelin pilots (ok, not brill in the wet but good in the dry) 2nd set Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas (i didnt like them, they tended to follow the ruts in the road, grip was ok though) the set i am running at the mo are conti sportcontact 3, i will say one word AWSOME!!!!!! (fantastic in the wet and fu****g awsome in the dry!)

I just changed to a VRS from a Corsa VXR, I put the Falken FK452's on the front of that and for the price they are unbeatable in my opinion.

Check this thread for price : http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s16p6205

B)

Obviously they are the cheaper end of the scale but I have spent fortunes on tyres and brands which were not half as good.

I just changed to a VRS from a Corsa VXR, I put the Falken FK452's on the front of that and for the price they are unbeatable in my opinion.

Check this thread for price : http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s16p6205

B)

Obviously they are the cheaper end of the scale but I have spent fortunes on tyres and brands which were not half as good.

where i work we used to fit Falkon tyres but we had a few occasions where we had tread seperation, but i ran a pair on my previous car a mondeo st and never had a prob and that was a heavy car.

where i work we used to fit Falkon tyres but we had a few occasions where we had tread seperation, but i ran a pair on my previous car a mondeo st and never had a prob and that was a heavy car.

mine currently has Bridgestones on the back and they are proper noisy ! will be lookin to change them asap altho when there is still 5mm left it seems a shame :(

had bearings etc checked and the stealers said it was the inherent "sawtooth" problem which has been well covered on here.

I never had any probs with my Falkens either but after reading up they need to be the FK452's specifically, mine did 10k and were still going strong after vigerous driving :)

After 6 weeks & 3700 miles the front Dunlop's are showing noticeable signs of wear, mostly motorway driving aswell.

At this rate 9,000 miles may be optomistic for mine :'(

Yay, will double check mine tomorrow (1 month and 3000 miles...) That doesn't sound promising as mine came with Dunlops too, only been checking pressure so far...

On a similar vein - what sort of mileage are people getting from a set of front tyres? I managed 8000 from my ContiSportContact3s, and my Falken 452s are down to 2mm after 9000 miles (sorry for the hijack).

What mileage between each?