new wheels/suspension etc

dc14

not sure where to put this as doesn seem to be a readers rides bit so thought here was as good as any?mods-move it if need be

Just a few pics i wanted to share of my octy at present in a contrast gloss black and silver look with new h&r suspension and 18"scirrocco interlagos wheels which i thinki suit the octy beautifully but not seen them done yet so bravely though i would try.

car did start out as a fast road project with the usual mods-stage 1 ,uprated brakes,chassis and engine tuning, but now started to give it a more OEM+ look to make it my own.

i welcome ur comments

hellypics651.jpg

hellypics658.jpg

hellypics659.jpg

hellypics654.jpg

Edited by dc14

Guest westallc

gone to a fully kitted out yellow one lol

as the guy selling the red one text me saying he sold it to someone else even though i had told him i want lol and booked train tickets etcetc

guy was a tool

but luckily i got a even better car and i love this yellow :thumbup:

cheers guys took a lot of time lookin in to every aspect of the mods before doin them, but the wheel took the longest to sort the right set.

difficult car to do as what looks good on any other mk4 golf platform car ie leon,golf,a3 etc doesn seem to work as well on the octy but the 18" n lower profile coupled with the rocco's seems to work just perfect.

if i can talk the missus round i will try n display at sring action on briskoda stand

westallc will u have the car by then?ps mate it was me who msge u bout the spolier but may be lookin for the standard grill if mu still have it bud?

Top work Dwight - they look great

I'm assuming the 'rocco runs 5x112 not 5 x 100 are the they "proper" Rocco rims with adaptors or are they really good replicas?

cheers cliff as u can see ive gone away a bit from traack use now lol

they are actually a very good set of reps, i know its cheatin a bit but the oem's were £300 more plus tyres and adaptors i was lookin at well over double the price plus then the hassle of gettin the offset right didnt really make it a viable financial option now im a family man an all lol!

Same result for less cash FTW!

hope to make it to the spring action day show only tho as i will have the lil one!

maybe see u there bud, plus may need some larger centre cap badges off u for the new rims like b4 black n silver -i will get the size bud

Liking those rims a lot.

Well done for a bit of difference to the normal choice.

And as Karlbar2K states silver is the best....... :thumbup:

cheers bud

was lookin to do sumfin not done before with the rims but also had to suit n be oem

silver is def a good colour agree there :rofl:

like it lots :rofl: do u have any problem with the front plate? i fancey getting one :)

the front plate is only for show!

wish i cud use it all the time as it looks smart imo, but currently use metal pressed plates but uk legal font and reflective and black one used for pics/shows

the front plate is only for show!

wish i cud use it all the time as it looks smart imo, but currently use metal pressed plates but uk legal font and reflective and black one used for pics/shows

Forget my last reply, just read this bit, wood of trees and all!

Daft question, is that front plate legal? or is it just for track days?

I just thought the car had to be registered before 1972 or 1974 to have those plates?

Wheels look good fellah!

cheers bud the wheels as always can make or break the look of a car so always a bit of a gamble but def given it its own character now

maybe a bit of bodywork next but not def sure on what yet