superb estate

skodanut

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seen one down in the waterford skoda garge and lord does it look 10 times better in the metal. and as regards overpriced how can it be? €45,520 for the 3.6V6 elegance spec. think how much a passat estate would cost with a V6. for a 2.0TDi 140bhp its €40,000 and there's alot less kit. Think Skoda may finally be kicking the dirt in Volkswagen face

Price for the Passat R36 , which is a 3.6 V6 300ps, in the UK, is listed as recommended on the road price of £35,275, however when you add some of the items included on the superb spec, such as leather interior, and nav system (rns510), and of course metallic paint, the price jumps to £37,460, which by today's rate is €41,330, and then you would have to add in the high rate of VRT charged here in Ireland, as the co2, emissions are 229g/km, fuel consumption of 9.9lts per 100km, and an annual roadtax of €2100.

I've orderd a 140 SE Estate (company car) in Amethyst and just had confirmation that I can have more toys on it. I did order it with the sunset glass, rear airbags TPM & heated washers, which took me upto the limit of my allowance. Now though,the company is changing its leases from 3 to 4 yrs, so that means I've got the Columbus & bluetooh prep as well.

I cant wait to get it now; Ive been given mid May as the delivery. :)

I wasn't sure about the colour when I saw an ad in the paper, but the vid posted on another thread put my mind at rest & I've found a dealer in Manchester (Claybank, near the Trafford Center) that has one in the showroom in Amethyst which looks good.

The only thing to add when it turns up as a towbar - so far they seem to be about £360-£400 ish does that seem about right?

Anyone any advice re towbars, does it mess up the rear parking sensors? Ive had a look in the manual & that seems to imply they are ok, but not sure how it would be with a non-Skoda bar on there?

Thanks.

Collected my Superb Combi Elegance 2.0 170bhp this evening, in Platin Grey metallic, and I must say that the way it is kitted out was well worth the wait, and the difference in driving it home, was so great, that it is hard to describe.

All in all it took 7 weeks and 2 days from order to collection. I am now told that it looks like the waiting time here in Ireland for a combi placed now, is about 11 weeks, and up to 15 weeks for an Octavia Elegance.

Collected my Superb Combi Elegance 2.0 170bhp this evening, in Platin Grey metallic, and I must say that the way it is kitted out was well worth the wait, and the difference in driving it home, was so great, that it is hard to describe.

All in all it took 7 weeks and 2 days from order to collection. I am now told that it looks like the waiting time here in Ireland for a combi placed now, is about 11 weeks, and up to 15 weeks for an Octavia Elegance.

What are the Callisto's like on the car? take any pix yet?

Call from dealer says my car should be in Ireland this weekend, but I am off to the USA on monday so it looks like April 1st will be the date I will get my hands on it

Yes plz. Some pics of Callisto.

will do as soon as i get a chance, the finish on them seem to match up with the roof rails and i think look quite well on the 17".

will do as soon as i get a chance, the finish on them seem to match up with the roof rails and i think look quite well on the 17".

Venus is factory fitted in Germany with Elegance.

They have a 17,5 inch look imo.

How did you get a combi in platinum grey? The bochure I have (UK) from 1 Jan 2010 doesnt seem to have it as an option! Just steel grey unfortunately, which looks like light blue.

How did you get a combi in platinum grey? The bochure I have (UK) from 1 Jan 2010 doesnt seem to have it as an option! Just steel grey unfortunately, which looks like light blue.

In Ireland we seem to use the general Skoda Combi brochure rather than a country specific, and it lists platin grey metallic as an available colour, If you want to check with your dealer the colour code is 2G2G, platin grey is also the new grey colour available on the yeti, and looks very well on this car too.

As far as I can see for some reason the UK are calling the platin grey metallic , steel grey, as the colour code is the same 2G2G, while the rest of europe opts for platin grey. Anthracite grey 9J9J was available as a colour on the superb hatch, up till september last, (if my dates are corrrect), but was then withdrawn.

In Ireland we seem to use the general Skoda Combi brochure rather than a country specific, and it lists platin grey metallic as an available colour, If you want to check with your dealer the colour code is 2G2G, platin grey is also the new grey colour available on the yeti, and looks very well on this car too.

As far as I can see for some reason the UK are calling the platin grey metallic , steel grey, as the colour code is the same 2G2G, while the rest of europe opts for platin grey. Anthracite grey 9J9J was available as a colour on the superb hatch, up till september last, (if my dates are corrrect), but was then withdrawn.

any pics of your new motor JonB? Would love to see the plating grey, thats what ive ordered

I'll try to get some pics up shortly, but believe it or not, i've been sick all weekend since picking car up, first time ever that a new car of mine has not put some decent mileage up from day one. hope to rectify this shortly :)

post-52864-12691919220921_thumb.jpgHere are some pics of my Superb Combi in Platin Grey metallic, with the 17" Callisto Alloys. Apologies if they are not great as they were taken quickly on a camera phone.post-52864-12691917116056_thumb.jpg Edited by jonnb

Very nice :thumbup:

Thanks, haven't got a chance to take it out yet, due to being sick, it still has only 45km on clock, but the drive home from dealer was brilliant, and a real taste of things to come.

Thank you very much!

Callistos or Venus is the question here

I'm glad that I picked the Callisto Alloys, and even more so as they cost me nothing, and will set car apart from any which come with standard Venus, the polished finish is very close to the finish on the roof rails.

I'm glad that I picked the Callisto Alloys, and even more so as they cost me nothing, and will set car apart from any which come with standard Venus, the polished finish is very close to the finish on the roof rails.

I discussed this recently with a friend who owns polished rims. He said that they need some treatment on a regular base (""every week"" :D ) to have them remaining as they are when new. That means some extra work for me and I know me well. I wash my car maybe every 8 weeks in the summer. Fewer times in winter.

I dont like the perspective of having huge problems with removing brake dust or whatever its called in GB. :)

That does work really fine with my Octavia MKII elegance alloys which have the finish like the Venus.

Thanks, haven't got a chance to take it out yet, due to being sick, it still has only 45km on clock, but the drive home from dealer was brilliant, and a real taste of things to come.

Beautiful Car Jon, Thanks for the snaps!

post-52864-12691919220921_thumb.jpgHere are some pics of my Superb Combi in Platin Grey metallic, with the 17" Callisto Alloys. Apologies if they are not great as they were taken quickly on a camera phone.post-52864-12691917116056_thumb.jpg

Sweet looking motor Jon..

plat gray or steel gray which ever its called certainly looks good, trouble is , is that my boss (wife!) now wants bloody silver!! I give up! have what you like boss.

It probably wont help the decision making, but they also do a light blue metallic - Aqua I think its called. Its not in the brochure, but one of the dealers in Manchester have an estate demonstrator in. They didnt know about the colour until it turned up!