Delay in Order

I ordered a 4x4 140PD at the begining of Jan and was told by the dealer they would have it for end of Feb. Asked them if they could hold on to it untill 1st March so as to get the 10 plate. In view of the talk on this forum about long delivery time thought this was all a bit optimistic, so wasn't supprissed to be told a few weeks ago that it was delayed by 2 weeks. Not to bad I told myself. Checked again today and have been told its scheduled for build week 15 so mid April. Allowing for delivery etc Unlikley to get it until End April. early May so 2 months late :doh: Reason for the delay I'm told is shortage of engines! Seeing as how VW and Audi have completly gone to the CR motors and Skoda and Seat are starting to follow suit I'm supprised there is a shortage of PD's. Only explnation I can think of is they are made in the same plant and they have started switching more production over to the CR's. Anybody any thoughts?

Lee

I ordered a 4x4 140PD at the begining of Jan and was told by the dealer they would have it for end of Feb. Asked them if they could hold on to it untill 1st March so as to get the 10 plate. In view of the talk on this forum about long delivery time thought this was all a bit optimistic, so wasn't supprissed to be told a few weeks ago that it was delayed by 2 weeks. Not to bad I told myself. Checked again today and have been told its scheduled for build week 15 so mid April. Allowing for delivery etc Unlikley to get it until End April. early May so 2 months late :doh: Reason for the delay I'm told is shortage of engines! Seeing as how VW and Audi have completly gone to the CR motors and Skoda and Seat are starting to follow suit I'm supprised there is a shortage of PD's. Only explnation I can think of is they are made in the same plant and they have started switching more production over to the CR's. Anybody any thoughts?

Lee

Any thoughts?.........................Yes buy a petrol!! :rofl: :p :p

Your dealer gave you the wrong info when you ordered, common fault with salesmenemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Bearing in mind it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks from build to you getting the car, that only allowed 4 to 5 weeks for the ordering system to build the car, its never going to happen.

Mine took a total of 16 weeks although things do seem to have improved recently

The PD engine is effectivly end of life now, the octy is the only skoda left using it. Its not suprise that there is a shortage, because supplies will be being run down before its finally phased out all together.

The PD engine is effectivly end of life now, the octy is the only skoda left using it. Its not suprise that there is a shortage, because supplies will be being run down before its finally phased out all together.

Thats what I was thinking, probably switching production over to the CR. Pity in some ways I've got a soft spot for the PD :smirk:

i was told today that the Elegance 2.0 TDI I ordered on 16th FEB, will be build week 16, so end of April, for prob mid May ish when i get the car

That would be a much quicker delivery than mine! Wonder if there expecting a big batch of 140PD's mid april and are then going to build a load of the cars on order in one go.

Your dealer gave you the wrong info when you ordered, common fault with salesmen

Bearing in mind it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks from build to you getting the car, that only allowed 4 to 5 weeks for the ordering system to build the car, its never going to happen.

Mine took a total of 16 weeks although things do seem to have improved recently

Thought it sounded to good to be true. Oh well more time to save up.

Lee

In the rep of ireland at present there can be up to approx 14 weeks wait when waiting for your new octavia or yeti, due to volumes of orders and lack of cars pre-produced and in stock.

I called my dealer again to get a spare wheel added, even though I couldn't get through to him on Tuesday, the message was passed on and it had been added, I thought it was too late to add the spare wheel and was thinking about getting it after it arrived, but they managed to get it though in time, I don't know whether they only do this at the factory, or they change cars already built and waiting as stock before they arrive?

I asked when the car would arrive and was told 3-4 weeks, so it sounds like it might be being built this week, if it's being built. I ordered it mid Feb and I was expecting to get a car already in stock, but i'll happier that if it's a new factory order.

I asked when the car would arrive and was told 3-4 weeks, so it sounds like it might be being built this week, if it's being built. I ordered it mid Feb and I was expecting to get a car already in stock, but i'll happier that if it's a new factory order.

As a matter of interest what engine are you going for?

Somewhat anoyingly I was given the option of an instock car when I ordered. I was told there was a 2.0TDi 4x4 in red available imediately. When I asked about having rear sensors and cruise control retro fit'd they said they could but there would be no on dash displays and seeing as how I wanted to pick up after March 1st I might as well factory order. If the salesman had told me the factory order wouldn't arrive until May, I'd be driving around in that red one now :doh

Lee

As a matter of interest what engine are you going for?

Somewhat anoyingly I was given the option of an instock car when I ordered. I was told there was a 2.0TDi 4x4 in red available imediately. When I asked about having rear sensors and cruise control retro fit'd they said they could but there would be no on dash displays and seeing as how I wanted to pick up after March 1st I might as well factory order. If the salesman had told me the factory order wouldn't arrive until May, I'd be driving around in that red one now :doh

Lee

I'm having the SE with a 1.4TSI, I originally order it in Anthracite although I wasn't too sure of it, but after a couple of days I'd decided I wanted to change it, I almost went for silver because it looks quite good, but it's very common on cars these days, so in the end I went for Cappuchino, and I'm still not sure, lol.

But when I said I wanted to change it, they said that they would, but that there was already an Anthracite waiting on the other side of the channel so they would have to see if they could swap with another dealer, I assume that they havn't been able to do that and have had to get the factory to built it, I was hoping to get it between the middle and the end of March, but I'm not overly bothered, as long as I get it before the tax runs out on my current car at the end of April it'll be ok.

Our dealer said another reason for the delay is that RHD cars only get built in certain slots which are getting filled really quickly due to the popularity of the VAT offer