Do You Flash.........?

DaveU

:D

.........or wave to other vRS / Octavia / Fabia drivers?

I wave to other vRS's i see (a hangover from Scooby days of old) but no-one seems to acknowledge back...... Do people do it?

Or is it just that i haven't come across another BriSkoda member on the road yet???

Dave

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking about it but since most of the Octy's I see are 1.9 TDi's and a good proportion of those are taxis I imagine they would think I'm a nutter. And the vRS boys would wonder what a jumped-up SLX was doing waving/flashing to them - so I don't bother :o

I always plan to wave/signal to any vRS's I see (only cos they are distinctive in their outer looks, I have nothing against 4x4 drivers, honest ;)), but I have not perfected my long distance spotting practises yet, so by the time I register one it usually has already passed me.

Q.

And to answer Dave's question: no, I don't.

In Holland waving to other Skoda drivers is useless - the large majority of Dutch Skoda drivers are appreciative of their cars because they are cheap, not because they are proud of them.

Or to paraphrase a well-known, cuddled-to-death Dutch saying: "Please behave in a normal way - that's silly enough as it is."

Being a careful driver, I occasionally raise one finger from the steering wheel in acknowledgement. So far I have been run off the road 3 times as a result, been threatened with GBH more times than I can recall, and have to park my ungaraged car in a different location each night. Do I need to rethink what I am doing? :(

Although I have thought about it - Fabia's are just to popular...

However I did when I had my Favorit - one day whilst on some back road in darkest Romania. Driving my LHD dark blue, UK registered (F) Favorit, I turned the corner and coming the other way...

Another LHD dark blue, UK registered (F) Favorit.

When they say it is a small world...

My OCtavia is a silver estate so tend to want to acknowledge same.... usually seem to be taxis though.. or have ladders and stuff strapped to the roof and I don't think I would get friendly response! Would definitely suggest avoiding "single digit" gestures due to the high risk of being mis-understood!

Would definitely suggest avoiding "single digit" gestures due to the high risk of being mis-understood!
TY. Eminently sensible advice. Have decided to try 2 fingers instead, and will restrict it to vRS drivers initially to see if I've got it right...... :D

Originally posted by DGW in this post

TY. Eminently sensible advice. Have decided to try 2 fingers instead, and will restrict it to vRS drivers initially to see if I've got it right...... :D

The epitome of a van driver, albeit a slower one. :D

I have NEVER seen a vRS down here in the westcountry... I think I was overtaken by one on the A30, but I suspect he was a tourist and heading back to where all the other owners reside in the UK :)

I've never waved at another Fabia owner though. I was tempted when I first got mine in 2001, but now they are fairly common (but not common enough like FORD thank GOD!) and I would probably get a weird look anyway. We're strange down this way, ya know! :D

I wave \ flash at other octy drivers that "register" and look across in passing...

..but the thought enters the mind as to whether they are on briskoda or not, like the black RS behind me on Friday night on the M62!

So, how's about a "briskoda acknoledgement" of some sort?

Maybe "sidelights on, flash fogs twice" or something?

Maybe if all of us flash every other skoda for a week, the craze will spread?