Lightweight AV Recommendations Please

skomaz

As per the title - any recommendation please for an Eee PC. I use AVG at home but Microsoft Security Essentials has been suggested due to it's low memory and processor use.

Edited by skomaz

For 'lightweight AV' I read 'small projectors' (!!) :dull:

Avast seems quite happy on smaller/less powerful boxes, but I'm also fairly impressed overall with Security Essentials. Reasonably light on its feet and seems competent in catching/detecting issues.

Cheers Steve,

Sorry for the confusion :giggle: I loaded up Security Essentials on Tuesday night and it seems to be generally OK. SIts in the background and seems to do exactly what it says on the tin - doesn't take much int he way of resources either.

I have MS Security Essentials on my new build Win 7, its seems too unintrusive, if you know what I mean!! not a peep out of it, unlike Avast's "your anti-virus has been updated" and its popups etc everyday...

• 2 weeks later...

NOD32 is supposedly a low resource AV.

If only it was, it causes all kinds of issues at my current workplace and uses the same resources as trend officescan and thats a resource hog.