Forge DV fitting - which way round?

It should be fitted so that the boost comes in from the bottom, pushes the piston up and is released out the side into the inlet.

You can fit it the other way round but then the boost is acting on the side of the piston, it will pop it up eventually but the boost needs to be able to escape quicker than that or it will make the turbo compressor stall. It also sounds really bad as well!

It should be fitted so that the boost comes in from the bottom, pushes the piston up and is released out the side into the inlet.

You can fit it the other way round but then the boost is acting on the side of the piston, it will pop it up eventually but the boost needs to be able to escape quicker than that or it will make the turbo compressor stall. It also sounds really bad as well!

It's vacuum that operates the re-circ valve though isn't it? That's what the little pipes for. So which side the boost is coming from shouldn't matter other than it possibly gives it a helping hand if it comes from direction of travel.

I think I've got it fitted the noisier way round but to be honest I didn't really notice any major difference in sound or performance.

Edited by Schern