Ever seen a Yeti on the road?

desertstorm

I purchased my Yeti in November (ex demo). Since then, I have driven around Greater Manchester (home location), North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Wales, Central Wales, south to Warwickshire & Gloucestershire, South Yorkshire, Notts & Leicestershire. I have never seen another Yeti on the road! Where are you all? I feel like a freak!

I purchased my Yeti in November (ex demo). Since then, I have driven around Greater Manchester (home location), North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Wales, Central Wales, south to Warwickshire & Gloucestershire, South Yorkshire, Notts & Leicestershire. I have never seen another Yeti on the road! Where are you all? I feel like a freak!

look on page 2 under finally seen one in the wild. took me 3 months to see another keep looking they are breeding fast

wakev

I've seen a few now (about 5). Followed one the other week and really liked the "discovery-esque" look of the rear. Saw a very new and shiny looking red one the other day and, again, re-convinced myself how good it looked.

Hello, we live in different country but the situation is the same in Italy too!

I've not yet seen any other YETI on the road.

And when I picked up my Yeti, the dealer in Monza (125.000 inhabitant) 2 month ago, told me 'already' 50 were around!

...but for the time being mine is the only one I've seen

Ciao

Hi,

had my Yeti now since the 6th November and likewise I'm on my own. Anyway next time your over here keep an eye out as the PAT-Monster is regularly up and down the 166 transiting between the North and East Ridings. May also spot me floating around the North York Moors , Whitby and Scarborough when I have chance to get away from working at weekends.

Regards,

TP

edit typo

Edited by The Plumber

Ever seen a Yeti on the road?

Well - it is where I'd expect to see them...

(can I have some of what you had?)</h2>

There was a teenager and his Gran in the house.

Teen asked Gran -"I'm off out now, Nan, with me mates, down the club! You haven't seen my little blue tabs, er pills have you? They've got the Leicester School of Drama initials on them."

Gran answers him robustly "Never mind your ruddy pills, come and help me deal with these huge dragons in the kitchen first!"

THE YETI

An English explorer was taking part in an expedition to the Himalayas. Led by a grizzled local guide, they ascended one of the less frequently climbed peaks. Roughly half way up the side of the mountain, one of the expedition came across a set of large manlike tracks in the snow.

"Yeti tracks," the guide said with a gruff voice as he passed them. "One thing you must know before we proceed; do NOT, under any circumstances, touch the yeti."

The expedition heeded his warning and continued to climb the slope, night fell and the explorers set up their tents. In the dead of night the Englishman awoke to the sound of his tent entrance unzipping. Half asleep he looked up to see an enormous eight foot yeti standing above him. In fear for his life the explorer jumped up and ran out of the tent, banging into the yeti in the process. The yeti, after being touched by the explorer let out a deafening howl and began to chase the explorer down the slope.

The explorer ran away from the camp as quickly as his legs could take him, after he rounded a corner he looked behind him to see the bounding form of the yeti still chasing him.

So the explorer continued to run, reaching the bottom of the mountain in just two days, exhausted he paused to rest awhile. After just a few moments, the explorer began to hear the soft 'thud thud thud' of yeti feet on snow, he looked up the slope to see the yeti still chasing him and only moments away.

The explorer took off again, reaching a supply shack a couple of miles away, once there quickly buying a mountain bike and pedaling his way to the nearest town, some fifty miles away. The journey took him several days over the rough terrain and after his arrival he booked into a hotel to recuperate.

Two days later the man left his hotel to see about booking transport back to England. As soon as he turned around though he saw the form of the yeti on the horizon, bounding towards him at great speed. Mortified by this sight, the explorer hurriedly bought a car and drove it away from the village all the way to Delhi. Once he arrived, the man wasted no time in getting on the next plane to London.

After his arrival back in London, the man went back to his London home for a while to recover and to plan his next expedition. He had been there less than two weeks and was gazing out of a window when he saw a familiar large bounding, manlike creature running down his street; the man couldn't believe it, somehow the yeti had followed him to England!

The man had little choice but to run away again, he used any means he could, bike, car, or on foot to try to escape the yeti, but each time he looked behind him, it was just moments before the yeti came into view.

Eventually the man made it all the way to Edinburgh and from there ran into the open Scottish countryside. He continued to run but the yeti just kept getting closer and closer, and in the end the man could run no more.

With the yeti less than a minute away from him, the man finally stopped and turned around to face the oncoming creature. With the last of his strength he stood up straight as the yeti caught up with him. The eight foot tall yeti towered above the man who could only stare in terror. The yeti extended his hand and poked the Englishman squarely in the chest with one long finger and with a low rumbling voice the yeti began to speak:

"Tag! You're it!"

I've never seen one on the road either. The only ones I've seen were at the dealers. Hopefully it will stay that way until I get mine delivered in April. I quite like the idea of having a car i've never seen anyone else driving.

Was passing by the local VW garage this evening when a 59 plate Golf was leaving. Given the time it was probably a staff member who then sat on my off side rear corner for a few hundred yards (dual lane road) then as I pulled over to turn right, the Golf went to the left hand lane and the drivers eyes were on stalks at the SM as he sat along side. Be afraid VW - the Yeti is here! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

M5 Northbound around 5'ish on Wednesday, I (in my Yeti) was overtaken by another Yeti.

Saw it coming some distance away (Daylight running lights positioning are a dead give away) and as it came passed........ nothing! I wasn't expecting a major fanfare or anything, but a look across, a nod, a wave even, nothing but some grumpy looking bloke hammering away to get home.

Obviously not a forum contributor!!

One Candy White seen parked in front of a multi million£ house in a posh suburb of Malaga. Elegance I think with all the trimmings, including sunroof.

Two in a small town in Germany, near a dealer - a demo with footprints plastered all over it and a very dirty brownish colured specimen leaving the dealership. Baden-Würtemburg area, forget the name of the town - there are so many that look alike.

saw my first live Yeti today. :yes:

on the A5104 heading towards the Llandegla moors in North Wales.

In silver I think, looked very nice indeed.

first one I've seen on the road since I orderded mine back in December.

Edited by fuzzybunny

...I have to correct my previous post.

There is another Yeti in my area! or at least transiting in it!

this afternoon on the 'SP51' moving nord toward the city of Lecco I've spotted a Muscovado / Mato Brown Yeti driven by an apparently middle aged gentleman.

unfortunately the spotting has happened in a roundabout and I've only been able to see the car's colour and the driver.

Real fun seeing another Yeti.

..so they do exist!? ...Pictures, forum comments, and so on aren't the pruduct of a well organized plot.

nice to know!

Ciao

I've seen about four on the road ie not at a dealers now. Perhaps curiously, with the exception of a red one, all were in colours I'd not seen in a showroom: being silver, black and most recently white . I know the survey on here shows a liking for white, which isn't a colour Skoda seem to have used for marketing purposes. I was struck by the efffect made by the diferent colours. On the move the white one looked especially impressive and attractive, with quite a lot of road presence, though not in an intimidating kind of way (this seems to be the Yeti's personality). In my rear view mirror it seemed quite large and imposing, but while tall, less "big" ( in a traditional 4x4 way) from the side.

Edited by helix

Seen my first UK registered Yeti on the road this afternoon; beginning of August last year since last seeing one, that being a CZ demo. Unfortunatly I was in the Corsa so didn't get to flash hello emoticon-0106-crying.gif and as it was going the opposite way I could not ascertain the spec.

Location A166 in the middle of Wetwang village, registration was not local; from East Anglia, AU10 *** didn't get the rest and like the CZ demo she was Aqua blue.

Regards,

TP

I've now seen two Yeti's outside of a dealership. One in Middlesbrough and another in Keswick, both in silver. They're out there .. .. ..

Saw a green Yeti parked in the town where I live recently. Registration suggested it came from Oxford area.

Saw a red one on Booth's (Supermarket) car park in Settle N. Yorks last weekend.

Was it you?

John

Edited by jst_at_home

One in our car park at work this week, white.

Someone booked a test drive in it after hearing I had ordered one as my next company car. Still awaiting delivery of my Red one. (Went off white some years ago but thinking I may have made a mistake as it looked good in white}

• 2 weeks later...