Accessing the Multi-function Indicator Setup

Hi All,

Sorry if this is such a long read but..............

I have taken possession of my New Octavia Elegance 1.9Tdi. All seems great, drives very well and I am impressed with the mpg, so much better than the Omega. :rofl:

However, I have a couple of small problems re the setting up of the Multi-function Indicator (MFI) or I’m being a little thick :dull: . It was initially setup by Skoda, but I am unable to change anything as I cannot get to Setup Menu. It is the Standard MFI and I do not have the multi-function steering wheel.

The Manual states that there is a button on the multi-function steering wheel that calls up the Menu of the MFI, but it doesn’t give any indication of how to access the Menu any other way.

What I actually want to show on the MFI is the Current Speed in Km/h, as the Speedometer only has mph markings. This is for when we travelling outside the UK.

I can get to the mph screen using the control at the end of the Windscreen Wiper Lever. On that screen it only show the Average speed (it shows the circle with the line), and a small (1) in the top right hand corner. Pressing the Button under the Lever changes the screen to the Average speed again (it shows the circle with the line), but this time it has a small (2) on the top right hand corner.

What am I doing wrong, and is there a screen that shows the actual speed of travel?

Again, sorry for the long read, but any help most appreciated, RoystonB

The speed in KMH should already be displayed. To access the setup menu is as mentioned by the previous poster.

When stationary, press and hold the lower half of the rocker switch until a menu appears, then press the lower half repeatedly until setup is highlighted, then select this by pressing the button on the bottom of the wiper stalk. Once in use the rocker on the end to go up/down and the button underneath to select the option.

The menu is only on the maxidot isn't it, don't think I have it on my std FL display. cheers - Stuart

Sounds like you've not got the maxidot display. None of the options the manual tells you about are available on this display. They can all be switched on and off with a VAGcom lead though.