BTCC

vrstony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the Brands races. Loved it. 

Then I found out Matt Neal, of all people, protested Tom Chilton for a bump and run overtake (AKA a Matt Neal special) and got the results changed.

Just so annoyed. :@

I expect anyone who Neal pushes to pass this year to protest him every time it happens and pay the bugger back.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, camelspyyder said:

Just watched the Brands races. Loved it. 

Then I found out Matt Neal, of all people, protested Tom Chilton for a bump and run overtake (AKA a Matt Neal special) and got the results changed.

Just so annoyed. :@

I expect anyone who Neal pushes to pass this year to protest him every time it happens and pay the bugger back.

Haven't watched race 3 yet thanks. Agree he must have forgotten all the times he has given someone a nudge just as they turn into an apex. Hypocrite springs to mind.:tongueout:

I just don't understand how JP can qualify second and then just disappear to a parallel universe ? FWD was supposed to be the bees knees and the "cure" of his problems ?

10 minutes ago, Paul007 said:

I just don't understand how JP can qualify second and then just disappear to a parallel universe ? FWD was supposed to be the bees knees and the "cure" of his problems ?

Wrong tyres like the BMW's in the first race all used wet tyres but slicks were the right tyres to be on as Blundell moved up from 28th to finish 12th because he was on the right tyres (slicks).:thinking:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Wrong tyres like the BMW's in the first race all used wet tyres but slicks were the right tyres to be on as Blundell moved up from 28th to finish 12th because he was on the right tyres (slicks).:thinking:

You forget about Jelley going from 30th to 7th? That’s a better run up the field than the rest

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Copey said:

You forget about Jelley going from 30th to 7th? That’s a better run up the field than the rest

He was on slicks. All 3 works BMWs were on wets and went backwards.

Lol. History doesn't support that. I can't be bothered clipping videos of Neal at Oulton hairpin, or Brands Sutees year in, year out pushing his way to the front without penalty. The evidence is out there.

Even Tom Chilton who was harshly penalised this week said he learned the push to pass off Neal when they were team mates in 2008. :D

I hope this hasn't started up a season of petty protest, but if I was Dave Bartrum I'd be looking for any opportunity to give it back to Dynamics in spades.

Yeah, Cleland and the other Vauxhall's (the late David Leslie especially) tried to bully Soper but he was a hard man too and had him off, thereby winning BMW mate Harvey the title.

Cleland's only been bitter about it for 25 years now.

And he, just  like Neal, was happy to dish it out but not to receive it.

Happened in the DTM too, only less subtle. deliberate crash at the first corner of the final round taking out the title favourite so a team mate could be champion. 

Edited by camelspyyder

10 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Yeah, Cleland and the other Vauxhall's (the late David Leslie especially) tried to bully Soper but he was a hard man too and had him off, thereby winning BMW mate Harvey the title.

Cleland's only been bitter about it for 25 years now.

And he, just  like Neal, was happy to dish it out but not to receive it.

Happened in the DTM too, only less subtle. deliberate crash at the first corner of the final round taking out the title favourite so a team mate could be champion. 

Scots are like Elephants, they have long memories.:thinking:

• 3 weeks later...

OMG. That was professional motor sport. Britain's top racing championship.

That lot should come banger racing at Skegness instead. You can all wreck a £250 car instead of a £250000 one. So much for improved driver standards this year. Did any of those prats get penalised? It  made a complete joke of Chilton's Brands Hatch penalty for a nudge.

Glad to see AJ unhurt in his crash. Keith Odor was killed in a Super Tourer side impact accident.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 months later...

Turk on pole. So that's 2 poles from 2 for BMW since their boost was reduced. What next? Make them run on 3 wheels? You just know they're going to be handicapped again. Even though they're still running last years engines Mr Gow thinks they're too fast