BTCC

vrstony

3 hours ago, Ally_bassman said:

I have to say, I know it's BTCC and rubbing is racing and all that crap... but Croft highlighted some drivers taking liberties.

- Mat Jackson was lucky to keep his race win IMO, he practically shoved Ollie Jackson out of the way.

- Matt Neal shoved Collard out of the way, penalty given... no chance!

Agree, Mat Jackson's move for the lead looked way too strong from the trackside camera. Were there any in car shots?

I know the BTCC is supposed to be entertaining, but the driving standards this year are putting multiple drivers in hospital, and someone could get killed - Touring cars are not perfectly safe - remember Keith Odor's accident in a Super Touring Nissan?

Edited by camelspyyder

7 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Agree, Mat Jackson's move for the lead looked way too strong from the trackside camera. Were there any in car shots?

I know the BTCC is supposed to be entertaining, but the driving standards this year are putting multiple drivers in hospital, and someone could get killed - Touring cars are not perfectly safe - remember Keith Odor's accident in a Super Touring Nissan?

Not that I saw, but what annoys me is that the commentators don't even react or give their opinion as to whether the move was right or worng.

The BTCC prides itself on being the permier championship in the UK, but going by the driving standards over the last couple of seasons, I think they're wrong. It seems to be too 'easy' to get a seat if you've got the cash. Some of the big crashes we've had could have easiily been avoided, i'd even go on to say that a 32 car grid is too much.

• Like 1

@camelspyyder - {Alan Gow} (from an interview in the Croft preamble to race 1) "This year's cars are the safest ever. We've moved the drivers further from all the extremities."{/end}

Which is good yes, but should not be an excuse for driving standards violations like ignoring waved double yellows in practice and qualifying.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ally_bassman said:

Not that I saw, but what annoys me is that the commentators don't even react or give their opinion as to whether the move was right or worng.

The BTCC prides itself on being the permier championship in the UK, but going by the driving standards over the last couple of seasons, I think they're wrong. It seems to be too 'easy' to get a seat if you've got the cash. Some of the big crashes we've had could have easiily been avoided, i'd even go on to say that a 32 car grid is too much.

The most experienced commentator actually won his BTCC title as a direct result of his team-mate crashing John Cleland mulltiple times at the final race.

With that history, Tim Harvey is hardly likely to have a go at other teams or drivers for doing the same thing.

And he always sucks up to the old guard, Neal, JP etc and actually condones their brutal passing tactics.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 1 month later...

And Andy Jordan, bad luck for WSR in race 3 also.

Sutton made it look too easy earlier, so Alan Gow took away some boost.  

Rubbish to change the rules during the weekend, surely the whole setup depends on "Is the car fast down the straight or not?"

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...

I know he's not everyones cuppa but it's good to see Plato back up the front, his TV interview after the first race was hilarious too :D Turks done well with 3rd every race and keeping out of trouble. Enjoyed seeing Neal get punted off a few times but gutted for Collard in race three. 

I'm probably going to go and watch my first BTCC race at Rockingham, not the best track but it's local and I'm off work. 

Well it's taken forever but BMR have got the setup sorted. All 4 cars quick and near the front is going to improve Ash's title chances no end. Until Alan Gow slows them down again. The winter changes screwed Subaru royally, and as soon as they looked fast at Croft, he cut their boost. Doesn't seem fair, when a team identified a quick base vehicle, brought a new manufacturer in and built 4 cars, only to be penalised for doing s great job.

Definatly. Even race two yesterday the two lighter bmws could not keep up with the bmr cars in front. They pulled away.  

Turkington looked well yesterday  3 podiums. And could tell he doesn't force things like collard.  

Sutton, turkington and sheddon for a brands hatch showdown. 

Yeah, BMR built a great car inside the rules, so the rules got changed.

Still, without Plato moaning about the rules and unreliable mandated TOCA parts, and Neal / Flash moaning about a lack of boost in the Honda, what would the post race interviewers had to ask about for the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Flash and Rob now over 50 points back from the leader.

Unlikely the BMW will get a performance "adjustment" from Mr Gow.

Will he give the Honda's more boost though?

Edited by camelspyyder