North Yorks Moors Meet

smog monster

I think Smogmonster is bringing his youngin, so won't be only one!

we might be able to squeeze you on table not sure how many its booked for we'll be able to see tomorrow!

See's you bright and early tomorrow morning!

Edited by vrstony

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cougars38 , there will be loads of room on our table if u wanna join us for a spot of lunch , had asked for a table for upto 20 so u will be fine :thumbup:

And i,m taking my little girl too so kids are more than welcome , couple of members are too

Edited by smog monster

Attending So Far

Smog Monster

vrs1

Jim H

vRStony

chris880

Thurlby12

rossvxr

vRSphil

johnRS (TBC)

a_duncan

tel boy (fingers crossed)

Firefighter56

Alskoda

cougars38

Edited by smog monster

hi all

first of all a big thanks to everyone it was nice to put names to faces

i apologise for leaving early but as you saw little one was not happy and i was not gonna spoil a good day for everyone

thanks for a great day

i look forward to the next one and will sort a babysitter next time (hopefully)

thanks to smog monster and thurlby12 for organizeing the meet

regards

mark

Good drive out , shame weather turned because was a long way from up here to not enjoy the roads! damn bank holiday weekend weather always the way

Heres some piccys I couldn't get many cuz of the snow and rain heres a few pics and even a video , few videos of my old robin hood on there too!

Nice seeing you all again! hope everyone got back safely!

Link for youtube clip>>>>>>

100_0949.jpg

100_0951.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0954.jpg

Yes i agree was a great day out nice roads great food great views around the countryside have to do the same run again when weather gets better good to see a few new faces hope everyone enjoyed it think we have lots of different weather rain,sun,snow,wind but didnt stop everyone having a good time i hope heres to the next meet

As above, it was an enjoyable day out. It's a shame it snowed at the Lion, we must have come out at the wrong time. I hope everybody got home safely, (especially Chris, who is probably still driving now). I may post some of my pics tomorrow, I just wish I took some this morning with all of us together, but still.

A big thanks to Martin (Smog Monster) for organising it. :thumbup: Here's to the next one. :beer:

Hi all,

Geat day out even with the poor weather. Good company, good food & a pint (nice) :p

Thanks to Martin & thurlby12 for organising the day.

Nice to meet some of the local Skoda owners, nice people.

Look forward to the next one, shifts allowing. :S

Thanks again

Ken

Yeah we not a bad bunch of people really us skoda owners thats where the northern hospitality comes from keep an eye out soon for another meet, maybe next time the sun will be shining i hope :yes:

Edited by Thurlby12

Big thank you to all who attended , hope alls well vrs_1 & cougars38 , my little one was feeling sick on the way to Goathland :sick: but luckly not

Just looking in my diary for a date for the next one , same route as today but longer in Helmsley & at the pub :zzz: hopefully warmer weather

yeah good idea marty sure we can organise something that everyone will like maybe goto whitby instead of gothland next time for fish and chips on the way or if anyone has any good ideas were open to ideas maybe later in year organise one for llighwater valley or flamingo land :rofl:

Edited by Thurlby12

It was nice to meet you all today, and a really warm welcome from everyone. Sorry we had to leave early but definately up for next one. Thanks to Smog Monster for organising etc etc. Hope little one's OK Cougar 38.

Hi, thanks for asking about my little girl, she was feeling ok didn't have anything to wear after being sick all over herself! :sick:

Glad the rest of you had a good time, snow up at Blakey?!

Which way did you go to Goathland, did you go through my home village of Grosmont?

Hope to catch up with you next time.

Ian

I'm glad she was OK, but with no spare clothes, you could not continue with us.

Yes, we are right it was snowing/ sleeting when he finished lunch and leaving Blakely. :yes:

I'm not sure how we got to Goathland from there, I think we went via Rosedale (past the Road Closed signs) then across from there. From Goathland, after paying £2.20 for parking :o , we did drive through Grosmont, and saw Sir Nigel Gresley in the station, but did not stop. Then Egton, to the main road along to Guisborough.

Yep some good roads from Blakey down to Goathland , would have stopped off in a few places for photos thinking about it now , some tight bits too :o

Looking at some dates for a re-run :thumbup:

I'll keep my eyes on any future dates,

I was 12 hours nights on Saturday night and then on the 0620 Eurotunnel crossing on Monday.

So Sunday was spent mainly sleeping!

I know what you mean about the weather though, as I saw 750 miles of it yesterday,

it's all my fault as I put my summer tyres back on, on Thursday!

It was 27c in Germany then, of course, I brought 7c with me from England

I have finally got on the main computer and uploaded my pics. As mentioned before, I wish I had taken some in the morning at Roseberry or Helmsley, but I did not anticipate people dropping out, or the change in weather.

At the Lion Inn Car Park after Lunch. I wish I took one before lunch, but my stomach over ruled it, lol. :giggle:

ab2t8z.jpg

The Impromptu stop at the Road Closed Sign to look at the maps.

i1ee6u.jpg

The Famous Scripps Garage in Goathland.

2dkybra.jpg

B):D