What SD card for Bolero

Can someone please give me a link to what SD card us good for the bolero headunit in the vrs? Also a link to what I need to get the music off my pc and onto the SD card please. Thanks in advance.

Depending on how much music you've got anything from a 4Gb to 32Gb SDHC card Classes 4 or 6 (speed).

To transfer your music you need a card reader which is either built into your computer or connected via a USB cable.

You then just copy it across from the computer to the SDHC card.

Please Note: The Bolero will (probably) not play protected tracks from Itunes, it will play MP3s + a few other formats.

Edited by Evening Star

Depending on how much music you've got anything from a 4Gb to 32Gb SDHC card Classes 4 or 6 (speed).

To transfer your music you need a card reader which is either built into your computer or connected via a USB cable.

You then just copy it across from the computer to the SDHC card.

Please Note: The Bolero will (probably) not play protected tracks from Itunes, it will play MP3s + a few other formats.

You are correct, it will not play protected music (either from itunes or Windows Media player)

If it is an MP3 or a WMA file with no DRM then it should play fine

If it is an MP3 or a WMA file with no DRM then it should play fine

Not wanting to hijack this threat but in relation to the above -

Does the Bolero play in WMA Pro or Standard WMA?

Pro seems to be just that little bit newer. And also -

The manual for the Bolero mentions that times for tracks encoded in VBR may not be accurate - has anyone any experience in seeing this?

Can it play both WMA and MP3 in VBR?

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Also to add - I've been told the Bolero also plays AAC (iTunes Plus VBR) encoded CDs. Is this correct?

Edited by foregonereality

I have iTunes on my computer BUT have never bought any music from iTunes

I've never had any protection issues as a result

I copy CD's directly into iTunes as MP3's

I then copy directly onto my 4GB SD card.

Works great :thumbup:

Not wanting to hijack this threat but in relation to the above -

Does the Bolero play in WMA Pro or Standard WMA?

Pro seems to be just that little bit newer. And also -

The manual for the Bolero mentions that times for tracks encoded in VBR may not be accurate - has anyone any experience in seeing this?

Can it play both WMA and MP3 in VBR?

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Also to add - I've been told the Bolero also plays AAC (iTunes Plus VBR) encoded CDs. Is this correct?

Don't know about the WMA question as I use MP3 (home PCs are Macs...) What are the differences?

The Bolero displays VBR instead of the time remaining when using variable bit rate mp3s

Not tried AAC CDs but if the file is encoded I would be very surprised if the Bolero plays it