S2K aerial for Fabia mk1

I recentley bought this off eBay to replace a crappy beesting I got on at the moment...........

But I tried a friends mk5 GTI aerial today as temp fit until my S2K aerial came through, and it doesn't fit, there's not enough thread on the aerial............

Has anyone put an S2K aerial on before, and did it fit?

I got an new unused but second hand mark 5 golf sharkfin for close to the amount you paid for yours.

Can't get much stubbier than that mate. Not much there worth nicking either once its fitted. :no:

Reception is good enough for me to listen to LBC :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by grr666

i have one of these in, get exactly the same reception as the standard one but it looks ten times better. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Citroen-Peugeot-short-aerial_W0QQitemZ220571245774QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335b121cce

That looks like what I need. I presume it fits the standard base? If so, I have a question. I've tried to remove my original ariel, but I've chickened out each time, since it feels as though I'm going to damage the roof by pulling it out. Is there a trick to getting the standard anntena out of the base? I've unscrewed it, at which point it will fold flat, but puling it doesn't feel encouraging.....

Paul.

i had the same sort of feeling, its almost as though the aerial unscrews then is still held in place, i just wiggled it for a while and it came free, the citroen aerial just screws streight in no problem.

i have one of these in, get exactly the same reception as the standard one but it looks ten times better. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Citroen-Peugeot-short-aerial_W0QQitemZ220571245774QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335b121cce

Just ordered one of these for Mrs Grr's SDI.

Bargain price. Nice one dapperdan :thumbup:

Arn't the original ariels of the Tamper proof type ? Which have a Ball on the end of the Thread which kinda pops through when first inserted & makes it more difficult to steal .....

You would of thought that the reception would be slightly poorer with the stubby as the standard one has the amplified wire running through it ....

Cheers

Dean

yea thats probably what it is, it eventually comes off. ive not noticed the difference in the reception, these are standard aerials for some citroens, so they would fit them to cars if they got crap reception.

yea thats probably what it is, it eventually comes off. ive not noticed the difference in the reception, these are standard aerials for some citroens, so they would fit them to cars if they got crap reception.

I Might just give on of those a Whirl then ;) I do live out in the Stix a bit so it may not neccessarily perform as good for me ... WHen the weather is absolutely Cr@p we lose the Tv & when the Skys are as clear as a Bell ... We lose the Tv :D Explain that ....

Cheers

Dean