what to put in the hole in the boot where the cd changer used to be put

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Martzweb - Gene Hunt :thumbup: ( love Ashes - just watching series 3 here in Germany with my Astra 28,2 dish )

Cheers for the pic. I will definitely check with Tesco when I am to the UK in May, really fits well both shape- and colourwise. Do you remember how much it cost?

@prolfe

Nice one....

Edited by Octavia1Z

@Martzweb - Gene Hunt :thumbup: ( love Ashes - just watching series 3 here in Germany with my Astra 28,2 dish )

Cheers for the pic. I will definitely check with Tesco when I am to the UK in May, really fits well both shape- and colourwise. Do you remember how much it cost?

@prolfe

Nice one....

i'm nearly sure i had change out of a fiver .... if i'm at tesco this weekend i'll check the price.

Dodgy... yeah, i know what you mean ... i was thinking of cutting a piece of stiff cardboard to shape the bag out a bit better ... make it look less sloppy, but for less than a fiver you cant be bad to it ... :)

Edited by martzweb

Thanks to martzweb for the info on the Tesco bag.

Just the job at a good price - got two since they were only £2.44 each (!)

There is some velcro (hook) on the underside so it sticks where you place it on the boot carpet. There is also hook velcro on the back which is supplied with a loose strip of the loop velcro, but you don't really need that extra strip. The hook velcro on the back of the bag just sticks to the carpeted boot wall.

• 1 month later...

So, being at broadstairs last week I managed to grab up two of those:

fotoish6.jpg

They only cost a mere 2.50 Pounds each, so even more of a bargin than I thought. the only thing I am now fighting with is how to fix them properly and what to put in them....

Edited by Octavia1Z

not even got my Skoda - and I went out of my way (12 miles) to get one of these.. Brilliant Idea.

• 4 weeks later...

On a slightly different, but related note, does anyone know where you can get a replacement net and plastic surround that goes in the space on the right hand side of the boot, opposite side to the CD Changer?

The stainless steel strip holding the net up has come adrift from the plastic surround on mine. I did pop in to the local dealers and they told me you couldn't replace it separately, you had to buy a whole new boot liner for that side of the boot at some extortionate cost! Failing that I'll resort to drilling a couple of small holes in the plastic and try to find some little nuts and bolts to bolt things back together.

Cheers, Ed emoticon-0105-wink.gif

On a slightly different, but related note, does anyone know where you can get a replacement net and plastic surround that goes in the space on the right hand side of the boot, opposite side to the CD Changer?

The stainless steel strip holding the net up has come adrift from the plastic surround on mine. I did pop in to the local dealers and they told me you couldn't replace it separately, you had to buy a whole new boot liner for that side of the boot at some extortionate cost! Failing that I'll resort to drilling a couple of small holes in the plastic and try to find some little nuts and bolts to bolt things back together.

Cheers, Ed emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Breakers?