what is the best exhaust for fabia vrs

nathan_brown_7

hi i have a fabia vrs SE, and im just wondering what is the best exhaust is? that gives me more performance and a nice meaty heavier sound then the standard exhaust?

if someone could get back to me and advise me further on this, that would be great?

Cheers

Nathan

You won't particularly get a much meatier sound due to the low exhaust velocity out of a turbo-diesel, and it won't make any real difference to the performance without a remap (and not a massive amount with one, either, for much the same reason.) Window dressing, really IMO.

Welcome to Briskoda, though...

ohhh :( i thought an exhaust upgrade would produce a better sound. your the expert tho haha. i dont really know that much about car mechanics ect. however the car is awesome!

remap, i was considering getting the stage one remap, as i dont need any extra modifications doing to the car such as air filter, brake upgrade ect ect. would this be benificial ?

Cheers,

You could probably get rid of everything on the exhaust (a 'straight through') and still pass your MoT. Allegedly, this makes the car sound a bit like a Subaru, but like I say, without altering the engine map, it won't make any real difference...

You should definitely look at the brakes if you're considering a remap, and probably also the suspension. An aftermarket filter and an intake trumpet from an Ibiza Cupra (PD16) may help reduce smoke at full-throttle, but again they won't make a massive difference to the performance because of the way diesel engines work.

Oh, and you should inform your insurance company if you don't want them to reject your claim if the worst were to happen!

Enjoy the car, though! As it's an SE, there's a register on here somewhere that you can put your car on if you want...

Get a de-cat Miltek, it does improve the sound and it does improve the performance on a std car. The turbo spools up much quicker and is much more audible. The exhaust note from 3 - 4000 rpm is much throatier as well. I loved mine to bits and well worth the money imo. With a remap some people have reported problems with Turbo seals due to the decat, deffinately have the exhaust in place and then get a custom map if you decide to do both. However as you have BLT engine you are probably nearer 150+bhp rather than 130.

The brakes seem to be an individual thing :S some people swear by the std set up, I preferred to upgrade to TT items. If you are wanting to be able to hustle through the bends quicker then certainly an upgrade in suspension will be more beneficial than power. Eibach sports springs and Koni FSD dampers are a popular option along with a rear ARB.

Edited by postmanpat

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys im from south wales and have a turbo back decat milltec exhaust on my mk1 fabia vrs sounds awesome but like the blueflame due to the tail pipe any1 wanna do a swap ring me 07551516745. cheers

Hi guys im from south wales and have a turbo back decat milltec exhaust on my mk1 fabia vrs sounds awesome but like the blueflame due to the tail pipe any1 wanna do a swap ring me 07551516745. cheers

also have a m.o.t bay in which we could do the swap on a ramp evenings or weekends if easier

MINES MAPPED WITH HYBRID TURBO MILLTEC TURBO BACK BIG FRONT MOUNT COOLER EGR BLOCKED OFF AND PULLS LIKE HELL SPINS IN THE WET IN 3rd in A STRAIGHT LINE NEEDS A DIFF WHICH IS NEXT ON THE LIST

Edited by steveopc