Is this true....

Not having one yet I do not know if this is true.I thought the mirrors did not retract on the VRS but maybe have just seen it on here about another model.

Retractable external mirrors automatically retract when holding

down the “lock” button on the remote control.

Not having one yet I do not know if this is true.I thought the mirrors did not retract on the VRS but maybe have just seen it on here about another model.

Retractable external mirrors automatically retract when holding

down the “lock” button on the remote control.

Not on a vRS - or on an Elegance anymore unless you choose the right options :)

It isn't an option on the vRS either

It isn't an option on the vRS either

This drove me nuts.

"Here's the money Mr Dealer, give me folding mirrors on my new vrs"

*sucking through teeth noise* "sorry, no can do"

In a perfect world i'd have an elegance spec 4x4 octy with the vrs engine. But it's the old, "here's 3 options, choose 2".

This drove me nuts.

"Here's the money Mr Dealer, give me folding mirrors on my new vrs"

*sucking through teeth noise* "sorry, no can do"

In a perfect world i'd have an elegance spec 4x4 octy with the vrs engine. But it's the old, "here's 3 options, choose 2".

I know, I would have happily ordered the folding mirrors for mine (yes, I am lazy) but couldn't...

And what's the deal with the lack bluetooth on a manual vRS???

Glad I didn't order the factory bluetooth even though I could have done as I ordered a DSG, but the brochure stated it used rSAP and I have an iPhone. At least I knew it wasn't going to work as the dealer didn't have a clue and said "it should work"....

I'd love to know who decides which markets get which options. The Australian vRS gets heated seats as standard....WHY???

Come on Skoda, sort it out and if you're going to make silly choices about the options at least be consistent across the world....

I reckon there has to be a way to fit em to the VRS. If somebody could come up with one (Ben - Shark90!!) they would be overrun!

Yeah definitely.

According to ETKA parts catalogue there's a part number for the folding wing mirrors with puddle lights, and the whole wing mirror unit will swap over easily enough. The coloured trim would come over from your existing wing mirror so that's easy enough.

Inside there's a different unit to go into the door armrest for the E/Ws & E/Ms.

Haven't been able to dig out wiring details for powering the motors to fold the mirrors though. The puddle light wiring is detailed on this site, it's non trivial though.

in europe the vRS gets the folding mirrors as standard spec.

Over here we do not :thumbdown: I would have paid for them as an option but there is not one. Yes I'm sure in time they could be retro fitted but at what cost

I'd love to know who decides which markets get which options. The Australian vRS gets heated seats as standard....WHY???

Come on Skoda, sort it out and if you're going to make silly choices about the options at least be consistent across the world....

I don't know how it works for Skoda, but I can tell you how it does for Mazda UK.

The National Importer decides exactly what specification is required to market their cars in the home market.

Provided the spec. meets the regulations of their country as regards safety, emissions, etc etc, they are

free to specify exactly what spec. the car is to built to. So the National Distributor decides what price/market

sector a particular car shall be placed in.

A decision is made that a particular spec will give the highest possible market appeal whilst at the same time

be competitive with other manufacturers.

The ultimate spec of the car offered is down almost entirely to the local National Distributor.

So in most cases it is unfair to blame the manufacturer, but the responsibility must be placed on the National Distributer

for what is/is not provided on a particular car.

I don't know how it works for Skoda, but I can tell you how it does for Mazda UK.

<SNIP>

The ultimate spec of the car offered is down almost entirely to the local National Distributor.

So in most cases it is unfair to blame the manufacturer, but the responsibility must be placed on the National Distributer

Somebody go give SUK a good slapping then. Bluetooth should be standard (or at worst a £150 option) across the range whether it's manual or DSG and should NOT be rSAP only!!!

Buy a TomTom 750Go

Bluetooth with voice dialling. Works very well.

TomTom must have woken up then, the bluetooth was unusable on the 720 and 730... My Garmin 660 was much better for the handsfree, just not as good as a Sat Nav :-)

The National Importer decides exactly what specification is required to market their cars in the home market.

Provided the spec. meets the regulations of their country as regards safety, emissions, etc etc, they are

free to specify exactly what spec. the car is to built to. So the National Distributor decides what price/market

sector a particular car shall be placed in.

A decision is made that a particular spec will give the highest possible market appeal whilst at the same time

be competitive with other manufacturers.

This sounds about right for Skoda too. I contacted the relevant department of the EC about the electric folding mirrors issue (ie available elsewhere on the vRS but not in UK) and they basically said that it was up to the national importer to decide on specs.

Sarge.

lol

I looked into this last year when ordering my DSG vRS. It comes down to the options specified by SUK for each model from those made by Skoda. SUK appear to have down-speced a variety of options (eg tinted windscreen, locking petrol flap) including the electric folding mirrors - where, I was told, a different (cheaper?) wiring loom is used. It was for this reason that retro-fitting would not be possible. But if anyone can do it I, for one,would be interested!