1.2 85bhp engine - Anyone able to offer their views please

If any 85bhp 1.2i owners are looking in, could you post up your views on performance/economy etc please.

Trying to convince SWMBO that Skodas are worth having (she still lives in the dark ages).

According to the brochure, the 1.2i 85bhp has a 0-60 of around 11.2, SWMBO's 1.4 Meriva is about 3 days :thumbdown:

If any 85bhp 1.2i owners are looking in, could you post up your views on performance/economy etc please.

Trying to convince SWMBO that Skodas are worth having (she still lives in the dark ages).

According to the brochure, the 1.2i 85bhp has a 0-60 of around 11.2, SWMBO's 1.4 Meriva is about 3 days :thumbdown:

Should get mine in about 3 weeks ish. I'll let you know then !

There are no 85BHP 1.2s around yet as the first cars they will be fitted to are the A1, Fabia and Roomster.

It should offer similar performance outright to a "normal" 1.4/1.6, but with more refinement, better fuel economy and better driveavility.

There are no 85BHP 1.2s around yet as the first cars they will be fitted to are the A1, Fabia and Roomster.

It should offer similar performance outright to a "normal" 1.4/1.6, but with more refinement, better fuel economy and better driveavility.

I was looking at the April brochure available on-line from the Skoda website, and wrongly assumed that there would already be cars around with that engine.

I'll keep a lookout in the next few weeks :thumbup:

Just ordered my second Fabia with that engine so hope it is available. Moving from a 1.4 TDI, after 3 diesel cars looking forward to returning to petrol, just annoyed the CO2 is 121 g/km! 1 g off cheaper tax!

Hi

as others have said, there are none in the country yet I think, though i should think dealers' demonstrator models should be imminent.

If it's anything like the 105 version it should be a cracking engine. It's big advantage over the 1.4 it replaces is its significantly higher torque of c.118lbs v 1.4's 97lbs, and its wide range of availability.

Evidence of the impact of torque as well as bhp on acceleration is that it's over a second quicker 0-60 than the 1.4 with the same 85bhp (according to Skoda's published figures). Also it's quicker than the mk1's 1.4 100bhp variant which had 93lbs torque if I recall (though a heavier car, to be fair).

Edited by helix