Carbon Grill surround - opinions please

ive order some of the 3m stuff.Im going to be different and carbon my windscreen i think!lol Only joking ill be doing the gearstick surround and ashtray aswell as the vents. I might look at doing the speedo/rev counter surround too.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have placed a small sheet of carbon fiber (not vinyl) here so that the electric steering pump and ancillaries do not get wet !! (sorry for blurry image)

21042010261.jpg

The mesh was put here to prevent damage to the intercooler while increasing flow

21042010262.jpg

Excellent, cheers for the pics mate :thumbup: Gives me an idea now ;)

The mesh is held with self tappers from the rear and the Carbon with self tappers and tie wraps. Sounds like a bodge but its rock solid. The carbon cover could deflect a big stone at high speed if it had to. The Mesh is also carbon fibre..... Guess what it is ?....

Its a non stick coated carbon mesh used to cook pizza's !!!!. They sell it at Supermarkets. Really cheap, black, will not rust and as strong as hell

you thoight about doing the colour coded foglights surround in carbon, that would be nice ;)

The round colour coded part which surrounds the fogs themself would be very difficult to do but the grey plastic that it mounts on would be easy enough to do I reckon :yes:

I took off my "Fabia" Badge today and Covered the rear wiper in Carbon...

On My way home from seeing a client, I was on the motorway and I got let into the lanes really easily ? :wonder:

Its like the extra bits have made the car more blokey and gained a touch of respect ?.... Normally I have to battle into the fast lane. When I drive my Evo, I get flashed out into the fast lane instantly...

Anyone else experience this as a result of removing the Fabia badge ? Or did I just get a lucky journey and I have just over thought this scenario ???

ive gota say i get the resentment of a skoda overtakeing them (especialy if they see the beige inside lol! :giggle: ) however when you put your foot down and show that your not to be meesed with your just making progress even the bmw's dont bother tailgaiting

• 10 months later...

Please tell me that these badges are available to buy somewhere?! I need them in my life!

Yes they are found on top of the VRS 1.9tdi engine cover

Just phone Skoda :)

Just finnished wrapping my chrome grill surround. is now gloss black with a new badge from pastyboy

will upload photos tomorow.

Anyone had experience with tinting film for headlights... iv seen a few people on here with them and wana do the same

adam

Just finnished wrapping my chrome grill surround. is now gloss black with a new badge from pastyboy

will upload photos tomorow.

Anyone had experience with tinting film for headlights... iv seen a few people on here with them and wana do the same

adam

I tinted my headlights and fogs on Friday with Fly Eye's Variant 2 I think (whichever the lightest one is).

It looks good but you do lose some light on the road :no: I've seen people using Lamin-x and it seems to look more OEM (Fly Eyes up close doesn't look so OEM).

I'll try and get some pics up asap.

J

I think you have to now be a freedom member to

upload direct to this site.

I recommend setting up a photobucket account (or similar)

and linking the pics that way instead. :thumbup:

Good job. I think you need an LCR splitter next to compliment the black grill :)

Marc

And then maybe paint the headlight inserts if you're up to it, then leave her be B)