Number Plate EU band

When receiving your new cars have the number plates had the blue EU strip on the left side?

I will be looking at going to France soon after my car arrives and don't want to spend out on new plates or stick anything on.

Looking around yesterday at 59 and 10 plate cars. Audis all seemed to have it but vauxhalls didn't. Others seemed a bit mixed. No new Skodas spotted, only a short journey.

I guess it is up to the dealer/ manufacturer?

When receiving your new cars have the number plates had the blue EU strip on the left side?

I will be looking at going to France soon after my car arrives and don't want to spend out on new plates or stick anything on.

Looking around yesterday at 59 and 10 plate cars. Audis all seemed to have it but vauxhalls didn't. Others seemed a bit mixed. No new Skodas spotted, only a short journey.

I guess it is up to the dealer/ manufacturer?

When I had my new car last year I told the dealer I wanted just normal number plates. That's just what I got. Not the car I ordered, but the number plate was correct. (DVLA took 4 goes to get the reg document right, but you can't have everything!)

When i ordered my 10plate vrs this year i had a choice of standard plates or eu ones so i went for eu jobbies,,,look very nice too

Edited by the beast

When i ordered my 10plate vrs this year i had a choice of standard plates or eu ones so i went for eu jobbies,,,look very nice too

Yeh, dealer should be abe to provide either the euro-plate or a standard plate. Just tell them which you want. I went with Euro-plates.

Sarge.

I've requested ENG plates with St George's Cross as my son is called George - Can't afford to buy GE0? RGE from DVLA..;)

The plates are not made with, or without, Euro/other side designs due to the manufacturer who the dealer is a seller for. Indeed the plates are probably made by the same supplier for many dealers, few having the machines to make their own. The reason one dealer may ONLY offer with EU is that they probably have a print design set up that includes the EU star, or only buy the backing reflectives with that on (if gthey have a plate making machine). As reflectives come in 50+ stock orders a pair of plates without would be impossible to supply unless they buy from a supplier who can print their dealer logos against alternative background reflective designs . As long as you have the V5 you can go anywhere for plates.............

Do you really expect problems in France without EU-plates? I can't think that anyone bothers... :no: ...or, if so, can't you put a GB-sticker on the rear window and remove it again when back home?

Edited by Octavia1Z

My car came with bog standard plain plates - I didn't think to ask for euro plates. However I have since changed them. Cost about 22 quid for a new pair off t'internet.

In France you must display a GB sticker if you do not have euro plates.

Bob

--

Us here in the UK, are the last country in europe where the EU flag and country are not displayed on the plate. Across the rest of europe all countries plates now have the country of registration on the plates. Driving in europe without either the EU plates or GB sticker is an offence and you can be stopped and fined, or even denied access to France at the point of entry if you dont display one or the other.

Before getting EU plates I used a magnetic GB sticker on my car, although you can also now get EU stickers that you stick onto the left of the plate.