If you are about to order a Yeti - things to think about

I waiting for a faeces report on that sample from Freshacre, as I'm sure George is a past expert in cattle doings!

Well now, I usually levy a professional fee (plus VAT) for giving a considered opinion, and it is based upon time taken to assess the, er, matter, er, in hand.

Therein lies, or rather, does NOT lie, the, er, rub. And as you wend your way off-road, on foot, and chance upon this "offering" you can employ the following technique, as used by the Briskoda expert in these things. I long ago stopped biting my nails....(think about it).....

First stage is to reckon it looks like it. Then, that being the case the next step is to assess consistency by scooping a dollop up and rubbing it between finger and thumb.

This'll mean it has the "look and feel" that we need. At this point it is simple to form an opinion about the aroma, which should have a value logged by the extent that the nose wrinkles involuntarily. Up to now we're sure it looks, feels and smells appropriate.

Next step is to, er, assess the flavour, and this is easily accomplished by merely licking clean the finger and thumb used for the texture test.

As you straighten up to continue on your way, you can reflect that 1) it LOOKED like it, and 2) it FELT like it, even that 3) it SMELT like it, and finally 4) that it tasted like it.

Your inescapable conclusion is that it MUST BE it, and that it was a bloody good job you didn't STEP in it.

G'nite, and thanks for reading this latest bedtime story from "What The Vet Did".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been reading this forum since i want to buy a YETI, after some time i decided to register to ask a few questions.

I have driven the 1.2 tsi (3 people inside) and the power output was acceptable, my fear is that when i will load it with addtional objects/persons i wont be able to get the same out of it, so im thinking of going for the 1.4. what is your opinion?

I would also like owners to post/link some photos of the following colours - storm blue, aqua blue,mato brown, black magic,tangerine orange since im undecided and the catalogues images ive seen didnt really help out - i have seen links on first post

Best Regards from Malta,

Thomas

Edited by dawnbringer

Hi all,

I have been reading this forum since i want to buy a YETI, after some time i decided to register to ask a few questions.

I have driven the 1.2 tsi (3 people inside) and the power output was acceptable, my fear is that when i will load it with addtional objects/persons i wont be able to get the same out of it, so im thinking of going for the 1.4. what is your opinion?

I would also like owners to post/link some photos of the following colours - storm blue, aqua blue,mato brown, black magic,tangerine orange since im undecided and the catalogues images ive seen didnt really help out - i have seen links on first post

Best Regards from Malta,

Thomas

HI and welcome i have a black 1.2tsi and have never found it lacking in power. really happy with it i have posted a picture in the members picture tread reply no 157.

Good luck hope you don't have to wait to long when you order one

HI and welcome i have a black 1.2tsi and have never found it lacking in power. really happy with it i have posted a picture in the members picture tread reply no 157.

Good luck hope you don't have to wait to long when you order one

thanks wakev, so have you tried fully loading it, any heavy stuff etc? also, have you found any problems with the sunroof?

what is your average MPG?

Anyone here ordered the MDI?

thanks

thanks wakev, so have you tried fully loading it, any heavy stuff etc? also, have you found any problems with the sunroof?

thanks

Hi there dawnbringer. Welcome to the forum! There are lots of answers here to be found but perhaps best to do a search on here or start new topics if you want the best answers. The MDI is mentioned in point 6 of the first point of this thread (so we don't get it in the UK and can't really comment - and too few people from other countries on here alas) and there are many, many MPG threads. Click on Search top right without filling anything in the white box. Then put your search word in and tick the Yeti forum only. Then you will get Yeti specific answers.

Edited by 900000

thanks

Hi i have had 5 adults and stuff in the boot it did not make that much difference to the way it responded with just the driver.

the sun roof has never been a problem not got one. i personally don't like them the climate control keeps the temp just right.

my av mpg is running at 42mpg thats from new with a tight engine getting anything from mid 40 to low 50 most runs are only 5-10 miles (bit less if i play with that turbo its fun) i have now done 9000miles

hope this helps with your choice

• 1 month later...

On the panoramic sun roof point (item 2). I've just come off the phone with SUK Customer Service trying to get status on mine: an advisory has gone out to the network that SUK are not accepting any new orders for Yetis (or Superb estates) with the panoramic roof. Anything that is already in the queue will be dealt with in due course, but they don't have any build dates for those and it isn't clear whether or not they are making any with panoramic roof right now.

I ordered a Yeti wth a panoramic roof in April and I'm picking it up today 4th Dec, I'm not impressed by the wait

I ordered a Yeti wth a panoramic roof in April and I'm picking it up today 4th Dec, I'm not impressed by the wait

welcome to the club and enjoy now you have it and you have a panoramic roof not a lot of them around. :thumbup:

may see you around the area i live in dunsfold but am around guildford a lot

Wow! Mine was exactly the same. Ordered it April 6th & picked it up Nov 24th. But so worth it! Enjoy it!

• 1 month later...

Are 16" Alloys configurable option for SE Purchase. Park Assist a must option for partner .

thanks

A simple one this.....No. not at the moment. You can pay extra for them...........several of us have bought 16" steel wheels at about £45 each, but the alloys, were about £145 before the price rise each and no lighter.

I have already bent a steel wheel, which would have written off an alloy wheel.emoticon-0149-no.gif

Park assist is a hoot.emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mike

Edited by rockhopper

1.2 TSI and Engine Turbolag,

I am thinking of purchasing a 1.2 TSI, However I have seen discussions relating to Turbo Lag in First Gear (1000 - 1500 RPM), on Briskoda and other sites. Does anyone have any experience of this with a yeti. Also does the DSG version have this problem, users say the DSG overcomes this. Local dealer has Diesel as Demo. Having had MG for many years this lag would require drive style change.

Mike, thanks for reply on wheels question. However worded incorrectly. The S Version has 16" Wheels while SE has17" wheels. I need SE for Park Assist, but believe smaller wheels cushion road better and would prefer 16" on SE.

Thanks for any input.

1.2 TSI and Engine Turbolag,

I am thinking of purchasing a 1.2 TSI, However I have seen discussions relating to Turbo Lag in First Gear (1000 - 1500 RPM), on Briskoda and other sites. Does anyone have any experience of this with a yeti. Also does the DSG version have this problem, users say the DSG overcomes this. Local dealer has Diesel as Demo. Having had MG for many years this lag would require drive style change.

Mike, thanks for reply on wheels question. However worded incorrectly. The S Version has 16" Wheels while SE has17" wheels. I need SE for Park Assist, but believe smaller wheels cushion road better and would prefer 16" on SE.

Thanks for any input.

Hi mate,

I test drove the 1.2 and felt the same once the turbo kicked in it was great. I went for a 1.4tsi manual and its perfect with 17" took it for the first drive yesterday - excellent ride and power, glad i went for the 1.4.

Cheers

Thomas

The S Version has 16" Wheels while SE has17" wheels. I need SE for Park Assist, but believe smaller wheels cushion road better and would prefer 16" on SE.

Thanks for any input.

There are many of us here who would have gladly down sized their wheels to 16" wheels, rather than have to put up with the thin rubber bands they fit to the silly '17" sports wheels".

I know it is the latest trend, but it badly affects the ride comfort of the vehicle in my opinion. Thats why I am running 215/60 R60 winter tyres at the moment. The 17's may look 'cool' to some but not me. The ride can be jiggly at times, and the 16" wheels help.

So Please Skoda UK, please let us have the option. Thank you.

Mike

• 1 month later...

What a very extensive thread, great information and I think I should have read this before ordering my Yeti :o

However it is ordered now and a test drive was had at the time, this involved motorway, A road and a short blast on some rough ground. I just have to be patient now.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to tow a caravan check out exactly what is included in the factory tow bar prep.

In view of potential saving in labour of subsequently installing the wiring harness factory prep could be a great investment - as well as saving a lot of aggravation.

Tow bars!

I've just got my Yeti - and I'm delighted with it. I did lots of research (or so I thought) and went for the tow bar preparation as a factory fitted option. I could have saved my money.

I'm very lucky to live near to Harrogate Towbars & Trailers in Starbeck. They have fitted me a fixed Swan Neck (Thule) tow bar and electrics, inc 13 pin plug, with relay to charge fridge in caravan etc for just under £380.

The tow bar prep is just a bit of pre-wiring and a removable flap in the rear bumper (okay if you go for a detachable). It doesn't cover the cost of the recoding you still need to have done for 1) the car to do all it's clever stuff whilst towing 2) the rear parking sensors bleeping when you select reverse whilst hitched on.

If anyone knows how to do the recoding you could save the day!

Tow bars!

I've just got my Yeti - and I'm delighted with it. I did lots of research (or so I thought) and went for the tow bar preparation as a factory fitted option. I could have saved my money.

I'm very lucky to live near to Harrogate Towbars & Trailers in Starbeck. They have fitted me a fixed Swan Neck (Thule) tow bar and electrics, inc 13 pin plug, with relay to charge fridge in caravan etc for just under £380.

The tow bar prep is just a bit of pre-wiring and a removable flap in the rear bumper (okay if you go for a detachable). It doesn't cover the cost of the recoding you still need to have done for 1) the car to do all it's clever stuff whilst towing 2) the rear parking sensors bleeping when you select reverse whilst hitched on.

If anyone knows how to do the recoding you could save the day!

Sorry, but check your facts!

Tow bar prep also includes larger fans to keep the engine cool when towing.

The Skoda wiring and electronics re-coding includes fridge and battery charging, so you don't need to pay for a seperate relay, plus modifies the stability system when the 'van is plugged in to the system to take into account any sway detected.

The price of the recoding is included in the dealers fitting charge, so if your dealer quoted it seperately he is wrong. It will only be charged if you don't get them to do the towbar fitting.

Sorry, but check your facts!

Tow bar prep also includes larger fans to keep the engine cool when towing.

The Skoda wiring and electronics re-coding includes fridge and battery charging, so you don't need to pay for a seperate relay, plus modifies the stability system when the 'van is plugged in to the system to take into account any sway detected.

The price of the recoding is included in the dealers fitting charge, so if your dealer quoted it seperately he is wrong. It will only be charged if you don't get them to do the towbar fitting.

Many thanks for good news about the larger fan. :thumbup: As you can see, I'm new to this. The local Skoda dealer uses the place where I normally go for tow bars and they have been great. When you buy a Yeti it's just so hard to get all the up to date information needed.

Does anyone know how much recoding costs? I saved a fortune by getting the car through Drive the Deal.

Many thanks for good news about the larger fan. :thumbup: As you can see, I'm new to this. The local Skoda dealer uses the place where I normally go for tow bars and they have been great. When you buy a Yeti it's just so hard to get all the up to date information needed.

Does anyone know how much recoding costs? I saved a fortune by getting the car through Drive the Deal.

TIP;

when you click on the reply/multi quote box it brings up the reply box with the thread at the top, then you can type your reply below that.

Cost?

That depends on how well you get on with your dealer and perhaps where buying through DtD isn't so good as you haven't started a relationship with them. I doubt it takes that long to do, so probably no more than an hours labour. I think you will just have to ask.

Two things that do concern me is how your split charge/fridge relay is going to cope with the recoding, and how your towbar fitter has made the indicators work.