If you are about to order a Yeti - things to think about

Hello Everyone,

I have a question to all the Yeti owners here on the forum and would be thankful for your answers. Do you people feel that the Yeti can seat 4 average built people in as much comfort as a sedan over long distances?

Sorry, but check your facts!

Tow bar prep also includes larger fans to keep the engine cool when towing.

The Skoda wiring and electronics re-coding includes fridge and battery charging, so you don't need to pay for a seperate relay, plus modifies the stability system when the 'van is plugged in to the system to take into account any sway detected.

The price of the recoding is included in the dealers fitting charge, so if your dealer quoted it seperately he is wrong. It will only be charged if you don't get them to do the towbar fitting.

Hi, when we ordered our SM 3 weeks ago we went for the dealer fit removable tow bar option, so what in the way of changes would we get, apart from the actual bar of course??

And was this the right choice as I've seen that quite a few people went for factory fit tow bar prep??

I wouldn't change my order now anyway as I don't like doing that but I'd just appreciate your views.

Thankyou.

Dom.

Hi, when we ordered our SM 3 weeks ago we went for the dealer fit removable tow bar option, so what in the way of changes would we get, apart from the actual bar of course??

And was this the right choice as I've seen that quite a few people went for factory fit tow bar prep??

I wouldn't change my order now anyway as I don't like doing that but I'd just appreciate your views.

Thankyou.

Dom.

In the UK we don't get factory fit, only dealer fit.....You can order towbar preparation which includes what Lanigraham posted which you quoted above.

• 2 weeks later...

In the UK we don't get factory fit, only dealer fit.....You can order towbar preparation which includes what Lanigraham posted which you quoted above.

I have my Yeti on order and it is to be fitted with a detachable Tow Bar by the dealer, cost is around £900 :o They told me that after market tow bars may affect warranties?

I am not too fussed about it as long as it is as good a job as the one on my Audi I am getting rid of.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news today! I was told when I ordered the Yeti it would appear in week 29, (end of July) I have been told today it will be delayed as there is to be a few upgrades, one of which is a change to the instruments and a new symbol for the traction control warning light.

Skoda if you are reading this, ask your team nicely to work weekends and get through the back log on your order book as I am sure like many I am getting a bit naffed off waiting for a Yeti. I am starting to think I have more chance of seeing a real Yeti!

Bad news today! I was told when I ordered the Yeti it would appear in week 29, (end of July) I have been told today it will be delayed as there is to be a few upgrades, one of which is a change to the instruments and a new symbol for the traction control warning light.

Skoda if you are reading this, ask your team nicely to work weekends and get through the back log on your order book as I am sure like many I am getting a bit naffed off waiting for a Yeti. I am starting to think I have more chance of seeing a real Yeti!

Phoned today - exactly the same news - MY12 car for me now (no build date) as all current cars are on hold, all because of some "minor" instrument warning light logo changes - will mean I can push for a roofrack and bike carriers as goodwill.....

Not happy.

Edited by Silly Old Hector

... The tow bar prep is just a bit of pre-wiring and a removable flap in the rear bumper ...

...Tow bar prep also includes larger fans to keep the engine cool when towing.

The Skoda wiring and electronics re-coding includes fridge and battery charging, so you don't need to pay for a seperate relay, plus modifies the stability system when the 'van is plugged in to the system to take into account any sway detected. ...

So the towbar prep is useful for towing caravans and the like. But for a mere bike carrier, needing just a mount and electrics for a light board?

So the towbar prep is useful for towing caravans and the like. But for a mere bike carrier, needing just a mount and electrics for a light board?

Waste of money in that case. With or without the factory towbar prep dealers charge the same (or maybe if you are lucky) £50 less for a towbar. So really not worth it if you don't tow a caravan. Do a search for towbar.

Can you buy a replacement Alu look lower bumper with the cutout already in place and replace the standard one or do you have to cut out the standard lower section?

The dealer has all the kit to cut out the existing silver bumper cutout. All they add is a new silver door and the inner trim this door clips into.

Ok, cheers. I thought there was a comment from TP that said you can also purchase the lower section with the cutout and door already applied? My only issue with the dealer cutting the bumper is the quality of the edges. Is it basically a jig saw cut?

Johann,

You have the panoramic roof on your Yeti. Does the blind block out most / all of the light when closed?

Mark

Ok, cheers. I thought there was a comment from TP that said you can also purchase the lower section with the cutout and door already applied? My only issue with the dealer cutting the bumper is the quality of the edges. Is it basically a jig saw cut?

Johann,

You have the panoramic roof on your Yeti. Does the blind block out most / all of the light when closed?

Mark

As it is a White curtain.........

Johann,

Mark

You can't see any of the cutting as it is all masked - and mine was done by a dealer as was Aerofurb's whose pictures I attach here:

post-55900-0-44838600-1304601206_thumb.jpg

post-55900-0-59142700-1304601293_thumb.jpg

As to the roof: it does not block all the light no. It still lets diffused light into the cabin as the blind is not solid.

As to the roof: it does not block all the light no. It still lets diffused light into the cabin as the blind is not solid.

My experience of sunroofs to date (not on a Yeti):

Driver can't see much out of them.

unless they have a sold cover, lets too much heat in (in summer)

Security risk if left open. (if it opens)

sun burn to top of heademoticon-0140-rofl.gif if open.

If you sit in a car with sunroof in the sun with the engine off, even with it open, the sun is too strong and heats up the car to an uncomfortable temperature....even with the windows open. and I can't see the point of having the sunroof open but the blind closed, if it is possible.

my 1p worth.....(to wind up 900k.......emoticon-0140-rofl.gif)

Johann,

Clearly the Yeti is not for you...crying so about what you cant have or if it doesnt work the way you want it..my wife loves her Yeti and kids love the Yeti...i dont drive it cos I have a vRS but if i did Id probably love it as well.

Build a bridge mate

my 1p worth.....(to wind up 900k.......emoticon-0140-rofl.gif)

:giggle: No you won't wind me up. Each to their own I say.

We park our cars one day in 30 degree sun with my roof on tilt and your car as it is and we get in after and hour (of being in a pub I hope! :rofl: ) and I tell you now yours will be at the very least 20 degrees warmer inside if not more than mine. Beer is you then! hehehe At the very least it is a good excuse to go to a pub! Hehehe

As to the rest I somewhat agree. I can't see out of it, but I bought it for the temperature reason above and to let light into an all black interior. Not to see out of!

Johann,

Clearly the Yeti is not for you...crying so about what you cant have or if it doesnt work the way you want it..my wife loves her Yeti and kids love the Yeti...i dont drive it cos I have a vRS but if i did Id probably love it as well.

Build a bridge mate

Really don't have a clue as to what you are on about I'm afraid..... I love my Yeti. And most every post I've done on here states that - and every regular member of this forum will attest to that fact. The few foibles it does have are mostly all shared by many other people and very much known about foibles.

The other things I mention in the first post of this thread are things I've picked up over time that various people have issues with and things that would have helped me a great deal in the decision stages whilst ordering - it focusses on options and what not and how it might affect people. It does not focus on what a bad car the Yeti is. Not by a long shot. How can stating the obvious (for example) that the Halogen high beam is useless not be of use to someone living in a rural area? Should we only say good things about a car and let people buy it and THEN let them discover they can't see where they are driving at night?!

But then more than one person have voted this thread as useless in the rating top right so be that as it may. I trust it has helped a few people in how they order their Yetis. You clearly have not experienced the intricasies of a SUK brochure so most of the things I've listed clearly went right over your head or you just did not get the gist of this thread having speed read it perhaps.

Chill pill required I'm afraid or just get better reading glasses. :giggle:

• Like 1

Just a line of support for Johann. I have never noticed him "crying so about what you cant have or if it doesnt work the way you want it". I didn't reply earlier as I presumed you had got the wrong person?

I have learnt a great deal from Johann's posts and hope to learn more!

+1 :thumbup:

Johann is one of the most informed and supportive members here.

Like him, I love my Yeti - it's not without its shortcomings - but which car isn't?

+1 :thumbup:

Johann is one of the most informed and supportive members here.

Like him, I love my Yeti - it's not without its shortcomings - but which car isn't?

+1 :rofl:

maxRS,

You must be joking Johann is Mr Yeti!!!!

We all realise that no car can ever suit all the people all the time, and several of us recognise that the Yeti is and has to be a compromise in some way. In Johann's case if he has made a negative comment it has always been done for a good reason and with a full explanation of that.

There do appear to be a few people lately who need to think a bit before they put finger to keyboard sometimes. I blame the onset of summer. :giggle: