service question 2nd service variable.

Just had my car back from mot and service today, 38k miles 2nd service and need to confirm some things.

1. does brake fluid get changed or is this charged as extra?

2. pollen filter is this changed on the second one as i had it changed on the first one?

3. spark plugs 2.0 fsi engine says in book 60k but the garage said its 40k and showed me on screen.

All in all £467 :0 already been quoted for 60k which will be 220 quid for service, 350 something for cambelt and an extra 100 for water pump (after i mentioned the water pump known problem). certainly wont be going back and will be using vag com on it in a minute to see what else hasnt been done (usually head lamp callibration reset).

There is a new independent vag garage opened nearby which i will be taking the car to in future as no doubt they be cheaper, so just wondering what £60k service prices people are getting as well as the 40k which i had today.

On another note, Ross will remember checking my suspension, sure enough they looked at it today and claimed nothing is wrong with it, however the nsf now seems to be at the correct height and they said there isnt anything wrong with it? hmmmmm me thinks they told porkies.

Brake fluid change every 2 years. My dealer normally asks what mileage, age etc and gives me a total price for what will need to be done before I take the car in.

£100 for the water pump sounds high when changed at the same time as the cam belt.

Brake fluid change every 2 years. My dealer normally asks what mileage, age etc and gives me a total price for what will need to be done before I take the car in.

£100 for the water pump sounds high when changed at the same time as the cam belt.

50 odd for the pump + half hours labour, sounds close enough for a main dealer. They wont fit it for free.

I had second variable at about 30k.

£180. TBH I'm not sure what was done, but I think the brake fluid was changed.