Water P***Sing out of doors

ive noticed that after a bit of rain if i open the drivers door the water p****ses out of the very front bottom edge of the drivers door (passengers too i think).

i park on a pretty steep hill outside the mrs house and thats where ive noticed it but if i park pointing up the hill it still comes out of the front edge of the door.

ive not noticed it on the flat drive at home but i dont think ive been there and opened the door when its rained.

ive got a '10 vrs.

anyone else noticed this happening?

Exactly! It is simply that when you open the door, when pointing uphill, the door becomes more level to the ground (perpendicular to the slope). Consequently the water, which has collected in the door, but cannot run out as the drain holes are uphill of it, can then flow out. Quite normal.

ok thats reassuring!

i just wanted to make sure it was normal. didnt want the door filling with water.

im guessing if i leave it on the hill without moving it th water will sit there until the door is opened or the car moves?

im also guessing that this isnt a good situation!

I was worrying about that with mine - water pours out of the bottom of the doors when you open them after washing it - reassured to hear it's normal (I do still have a concern about rust inside the door though...)

I was worrying about that with mine - water pours out of the bottom of the doors when you open them after washing it - reassured to hear it's normal (I do still have a concern about rust inside the door though...)

Rust shouldn't be a problem as all of the body panels are zinc dipped before painting, lacquer, and wax. Dents and scratches eventually rust because the zinc coat weakens or is cut through. If you had an electrical fault and current was being dumped to the chassis you could eventually see rust where water gathers due to the zinc breaking down because of electrolytic corrosion. That would be pretty rare and you'd probably have to live in a very wet area perhaps close the sea for it to become apparent so I wouldn't worry.

Mark

• 1 year later...

Why is water getting into the doors from a bit of rain in the first place?

As it runs down the glass most of it is directed down outside the door by the rubber seal.

The rest of it enters the door in-between the glass and the rubber seal. Perfectly normal.

If the water can be seen exiting the drain holes then this is good. It means that the holes are free from debris and working as they should. If you don't see the water then the holes may be blocked and the water sitting permanently inside the door.

ahhahaha I was going to do a thread for exact same question for my 11 plate it does it every time its rained a lil on both front doors and if its been a big one back doors too but its parked on the flattest ground known to man! Drains for a good 10 seconds! I do get condensation just about every time im in the F'ing car too but not to level it runs off inside of glass .... not often anyway but sometimes takes a good 10-15 min of sitting there praying for it to go recirc and aircon full wack annoys me a lot even have a cilica gel bag thing in there...