Trip to Shark

Took myself down to Mansfield to see Ben at Shark the other day to get cruise fitted on my Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi sport,took it steady on way down in traffic and managed 56 MPG on way down, whilst there I spoke about remap of the car as I had been considering it to give that extra bit of pace and as I will be pulling a caravan soon with it so the extra bit of torque would not go amiss.

Cruise fitted fine and spoke about remapping, Ben answered my many questions about the topic and said that he would put it on the car and we could go for a test drive to see what I thought, no obligation and if I was undecided he would put the car back to standard before I left.

You all know what is coming next, car had that extra bit of pace and was deceptively quick on the road, seemed smoother and went very well in high gears, no sign of extra smoke in mirror, it revved cleaner and the further I drove the more of a no brainer it became! Reminded me of a mk4 golf GTI TDI 150 I had on A roads cross country.Deceptively quick without trying too hard, the way I like it torquey.The beauty is that extra is there for when you need it.

Whilst talking I understand Ben will shortly offer a remap for your car, you preauthorise your bank card for full amount and if you are happy with it after 7 days your card will be charged but if you return in 7 days and get the car put back to standard there will be no charge, now that is the chance for all to try before you buy and allay any fears or misconceptions, that is as I understand it , I am sure Ben would confirm this if you dropped him a line.

Anyway on way home at roughly same speeds and going North so obviously it was uphill the car was doing 64 MPG before hitting traffic at Doncaster on A1, early days but there seems to be a good improvement on MPG there.

So I now have a very discreet Q car , many thanks to Ben (who is not a relative!) for his magic and it was nice to meet a decent businessman with a passion for cars, have already put a friend on to him to see if he can transform a BMW 118D for him

Chuffed to bits

One tip for Ben you need a kettle! although you did say you were still sorting out your new premises to be fair

One tip for Ben you need a kettle!

you see ben its not only me that has noticed :rofl:

but on a plus side another happy customer :thumbup: i just wish i could drive mine more :giggle::thumbup:

and hopefully when i call in we shall be able to have a cuppa :smirk:

Another positive mark for Ben :thumbup: . I took my car in for him to do a few VCDS changes on my Octavia and i found him a very nice person to deal with ( told you that £10 you gave me would buy a positive remark :giggle: ) and i was talking about a possible Remap on my VRS and he also said i could try it out first before committing but did not take up the offer just yet. ( Money needed for up coming hols in July, dont think wife be pleased using money on car and not holiday :'( )

Definately think about it later though. Yes Ben you do need bigger premises nearly knocked somone over trying to turn around in that little turning space in front of your premises. :o

Yes Ben you do need bigger premises nearly knocked somone over trying to turn around in that little turning space in front of your premises. emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

The more remaps you guys buy, the quicker we can move into a bigger place! And buy a kettle emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

The more remaps you guys buy, the quicker we can move into a bigger place! And buy a kettle emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Careful - you might need to upgrade that guard dog. I wouldn't like to see him get too fit!

Ben I'll BUY you a kettle if you get your finger out and sort cruise with the Mk6 MFSW!!!! :-))

No use having a kettle you were out of milk yesterday lol !!

I had a cup of tea tonight. Mind you I did have to fill the kettle, buy the milk and make the tea :giggle:

In fairness to Ben he doesnt drink tea/coffee so he doesnt realise why the rest of us go on at him about it :D

Thanks for your help tonight Ben, as always :thumbup: