vRS leather quality and seat comfort

Hey

Looking to change my vRS for a new one.

Was wondering, what the quality of the vRS leather is like. As an option its significantly cheaper than upgrading say, an elegance Octy to all leather

Also, for people who have ridden in vRS leather and vRS cloth, is the comfort level any better / worse and do you need heated seats :p

thanks for your insights!

As an option its significantly cheaper than upgrading say, an elegance Octy to all leather

Because the vRS seats are already more expensive to make than elegance seats as they feature alcantara and leather, so it's not so much of a step up to full leather as it is on an elegance. :thumbup:

do you need heated seats

yes

I have a prefacelift vrs with the leather/cloth seats and test drove a full leather one the other day. The fact I have ordered a VRS estate with full leather should let you know what I thought of the quality. I really liked the full leather seats and gives a real feel of quality to the interior. The perforated seats look good but only time will tell how well it wears. I found no difference in comfort between my seats and the leather ones.

I have ordered heated seats as well just in case but was a warm day so no need for them during test drive. Leather can be colder in the winter so heated seats could be a benefit and they are not that much more.

I haven't seen the leather myself. However I have ordered leather and heated seats myself on a petrol vRS hatch. It's due next month!

Agree with the above. I have specced leather with my vRS. I had a look at a black vRS at the dealership with the perforated leather. It looked fantastic and really made the interior.

Have gone without heated seats though. Have only ever used them two or three times in my Golf. If it's that cold I'm usually wearing a couple of layers, and the car will soon warm up inside!

Hi

Thanks for the replies so far.

For those guys that have sat in both, are they not noticeably harder at all than the cloth vRS seats?

Im quite tempted to get the full leather interior as looks alone its on the money.

Was considering ordering white car, saving £400 notes and putting towards the leather :D

I am well happy with the leather, however, realised over the winter that I missed the heated seats I had in my old octy elegence with the leather option. tbh... at the time I ordered I was not sure you could them heated! I can not compare with standard as I have only sat very briefly in one in showrooms.

Another advantage of the leather is the ease of cleaning.

My current vRS doesn't have leather and having just spent a few hours cleaning the inside (it hadn't been done for some while and has been used for trips to the stables) I can say the standard seat trim is a right pain in the a**e to vacuum.

The grains of dirt seem to get stuck deep in the pile of the black material and every time you pass the nozzle over the the seat, more bits jump out, requiring an inordinate amount of time to get rid of them all :doh:

So I think leather is a wise choice, especially when they're heated too :mmm: