yey at last im ordering me new vrs

hello

thanks to everyones help on this forum ive found a dealer to do me a deal on DTD price but also a good px so im off over this weekedn to order me new

2.0T VRS h/back in grey or black (going to look at colours when we there)

just cant decide if there are any "defo" options, im not flash withtht cash so the likes of leather and xenons are a no go

but i was going to go for spare wheel defo, but not sure is the maxi dot is worth it, i have it on my current vrs and like it as it gives mpg etc ... but not sure if non maxi dot does this

please help

thanks

IMHO maxidot for what it gives over standard now, I'd say don't bother - I was a tad disappointed with it esp. as it frequently gets mentioned as a must-have. £1XX and all I've used it for is to switch on auto hijack, which I could have got the dealer to do for me. So if you don't have much extra to spend, I'd say save it and use it maybe for some accessories (boot mat, netting...something like that) - something that you'll get a lot more use out of.

Personally I would have ordered maxidot even if it did nothing functional. It just makes that dash look.

HOWEVER ! and I know you said you would not order Xenons. If I could only order 1 extra EVER it would be Xenons. I will never buy another car without them.

Personally I would have ordered maxidot even if it did nothing functional. It just makes that dash look.

HOWEVER ! and I know you said you would not order Xenons. If I could only order 1 extra EVER it would be Xenons. I will never buy another car without them.

hello, i completely agree about xenons, its like driving through wembley stadium when you have them on compared to normal h/lights but unfortuanly at £720 its a bit to high,especially as 12 month old daughter needs bedroom decorating and new buggy etc etc bla bla bla, i did well getting my girlfriend let me have a new vrs and not some MPV bus thing ......

I ordered a vRS with all the options other than sat nav (too dear and I know my way around N Ireland so don't need it), sunroof (again too dear) and the last option I didn't go for was xenons. The reason? You guessed it too expensive.

I'm also intrigued by the Maxidot option. Trip computer is standard, so what does maxidot give? Any pictures?

hi apj just search the forums for all info about maxidot you will ever need

hi apj just search the forums for all info about maxidot you will ever need

Search the forums?!?!? You mean do some research myself??? Oh go on then :giggle:

thanks to everyones help on this forum ive found a dealer to do me a deal on DTD price

Do you mind if I ask which dealer? Attracted by the DTD price, but would prefer a dealer in the south west or Midlands, as I guess DTD use London, East Mids, Scotland.

Do you mind if I ask which dealer? Attracted by the DTD price, but would prefer a dealer in the south west or Midlands, as I guess DTD use London, East Mids, Scotland.

APJ. Rainworth's at Mansfield are very competative in regards to DTD pricing ;)

Best thing to do is save a screen shot of the DtD price (saves you having ot pay them to email you a copy) and email it to all your local / convienent dealers. I wouldn't worry about whether it states the options, as the dealers can check the prices themselves if they wish to confirm the price.

Most will probably say it's impossible or they're not interested, but I'm sure you'll find one that wants to do a deal. They might not match the price (I got to within £150) but it'll save you having to go to Isleworth to collect your car. Should add that there's nothing wrong with the dealer in Isleworth, we had no problems with wifes Yeti, it's just for us it's about a 400 mile round trip.

As for options on your vRS, personally I'd add the maxidot as if you want to install factory GSMII bluetooth (available on fleabay and occasionally as a group buy on here) at some point in the future, you need maxidot. And as a retrofit, maxidot is pretty costly.

Central SKoda Birmingham beat the DTD price my £250.

FL vRS petrol estate being collected on Wednesday - :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the tips on dealers willing to haggle near to DtD price. Looks like one of them will get my custom.

Did call into Fish Bros in Swindon today, simply wouldn't budge off the VAT-free standard price. Would only chuck in mats and a tank of diesel.

Still dithering over colour . . . . . white is nice (and cheap!), silver quite classy, saw a black one in the dealer today which looked very nice and also warming to grey now. Decisions decisions.