Go faster stripes!

at work today i returned to my car to discover that someone has decided that it would look better with a nice go faster stripe (key scratch) down the side of my passenger side doors.

It runs approx from under the wingmirror, all the way along to about 3/4 inches away from the rear passenger door handle,

here are the pics but i dont think its very visable but the scratch is deep enough so that when running nail over it, it catches a little so this mean it wont be able to buff out?

im guessing its happend to some of you guys, what did you do to repair it?

My link

My link

http://s1034.photobucket.com/albums/a427/jonb_drfc/vRS/?action=view&current=DSCF0295.jpg

and will also get my bumper sorted aswell, any ideas with this aswell?

http://s1034.photobucket.com/albums/a427/jonb_drfc/vRS/?action=view&current=DSCF0299.jpg

cheers people, apologies if photos not worked!

Edited by jonb_drfc

ive got photobucket? theres the option of 4 different links?

Jon, you want the direct link (*I think with photo bucket) so it ends with .jpg. If not re-host with Image shack, 1 minute job, no registration.

Sorry to hear mate :(

Yeah - I have been experimenting with wet-sanding recently and think I have just about got it sussed - I would only use it as a last resort and it is good to see it working so well on that scratch. Interesting to read about the paint being applied with a cocktail stick over a period of days. Neat idea!

That sort of Thing really P!sse's me off ...

You try & look after something & take pride in it & some little (& sometimes not so little) Scrotes try to wreck it ....

I really hope that the Day they grow up & earn something nice that the same happens & see how they feel

Bu66er springs to mind :(

Dean

That sort of Thing really P!sse's me off ...

You try & look after something & take pride in it & some little (& sometimes not so little) Scrotes try to wreck it ....

I really hope that the Day they grow up & earn something nice that the same happens & see how they feel

Bu66er springs to mind :(

Dean

Exactly. This is the same people who don't care about opening their doors on other cars and hitting your door.

A while ago I was in a car park and carefully opened my door, I was getting a couple of bits out when a gust of wind took my door and hit the car next to me passenger door. It left a little paint and a small dent. I left a small little note with my name and number. The bloke, who lived in the same area as me called me up and said it was no problem and was over the moon that I left a note.

More and more cases of the poor VRS's getting vandalised. So horrible to see, looking at the picture though I think you should be able to get that polished out. I had a similar scratch on my saxo many years ago which a bodyshop quoted me £250 to have sprayed.

I bought myself a £1.75 tub of rubbing compound and spent a sunday afternoon rubbing the paint down, then a few times over with auto glym super resin polish and complimented it with a few layers of (I believe zymol carbon) at the time and it came up like new. A lot of effort and a bit risky but my thoughts were that; I was only going to get it sprayed anyway so why not try paying just £1.75 before hand. Dr Pepper :D An it paid off :thumbup:

Thats gonna need painting by the looks of it,make sure you have it done properly and dont have it done on the cheap.you certainly get what you pay for when it comes to bodyshops

any recommended? im not too far from mansfield and dad lives in nottingham so not far?